• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 dragon swaybar or no swaybar?

M

MTSnowKing

Dec 28, 2008
Missoula, Montana
ive heard different things about removing the swaybar on my sled for handleing in the mountains and stuff. like for side hilling and boondocking or what not would removing the swaybar allow it to side hill better?? anyone like it?

L

lars53

Nov 11, 2008
Belgrade MT
Ripped an A-arm off my 09 rmk a couple weeks ago, during the rebuild decided to remove the sway bar. 2 rides without sway bar can see no ill effects off trail, the bit that I've been on a trail it rolls a little more in the corners but not bad. my 0.02

my front shocks are cranked up all the way, not sure how the W.E. are in comparison?

Last edited:
W

WORKSUCKS

Jan 13, 2008
Victoria BC
Took it off my 07 Dragon after putting about a 1,000 miles on it, was a little easier to pull around on the mountain but handled noticably worse on the trail, more loss than gain overall IMO. If I hadn't cut it in half when I removed it I would have put it back in. The sway bars in the 09's are way smaller and I never even considered removing it.

A

AKboondocker

Feb 4, 2006
Wasilla, Alaska
I would leave the bar in on these sleds...its more stable and still carves and turns as good or better than anything out there...removing the bar was a big help in the pow on REVs and previous trailing arm sleds, but these new sleds are designed to work well with the bar in...especialy the RAW IQ

P
Nov 27, 2007
if your running the W/E front shocks it will be bad on any trails but good everywhere else,if you have the ridefx crank them up and it will be alot better on both trail and bush without the swaybar I like the way mine handles without it just took a bit to get used to it on the corners on a main trail but in the mountains it is awesome

rydningen

Premium Member
May 9, 2009
Northern Norway
I would not remove the swaybar with the walker evans airs they are just way to soft...

Going with a better shock like fox float2/evolr is necessary before removing the swaybar on these sleds IMO.

I went with a set float2 shocks and removed the swaybar, and wouldnt even consider goin back to the stock setup

H
Jan 9, 2008
Woodland, WA
Stock Walkers and no sway bar make for a sled that lays over if you look at it wrong...the shocks are just too soft. The 09 and up sway bar is a lot better design than 05-08 and really doesn't hinder your ability to boondock, sidehill, etc, but it does add a bit of control on the trails.

Easiest way to find out if you like it or not would be to remove the rubber sway bar link from one side and ride it. Take the tools with you and reinstall the link if you don't like the way the sled feels.

B

boarderking01

Dec 4, 2010
grand lake co
I also feel like side hillin on my 07 700 is a bitch I'm installin some evolr this week and am gonna disconnect the sway see if it makes it better. To remove it with not takin it to far apart is it easiest to just cuttin it? I really could care less about the boring trail ride in. Id rather have more fun in the pow.

Premium Features