• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 Turbo Dragon 163.....Absolutely Loaded

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
I bought this 08 Dragon new and turbo'd it spring of 09. Mountainhorse and I did the build at Boondockers with their crew in their shop. Sled had about 600-700 miles on it stock, has 1750 or so now.

When I built this sled I weighed about 370 lbs. I was looking for a sled that could handle my weight and pack me into the back country without being stuck. I wanted a sled that would rip in the steep and deep but not be a wheelie monster, too quick to dart with my weight, or ride bad in the whoops (bad back). That summer of 09 I had weight loss surgery and by the time snow flew I was 235. My riding style and ability has changed a bunch and I'm excited to build my new Pro.

With that in mind I chose to go with a Z-Broz Exit equipped EZ-Ryde in the rear and a 42" Z-Broz front also with the Exit shocks. I went with a pump gas turbo with an intercooler and muffler. I modified my intercooler to use the same OEM Polaris intake boot on the intercooler side as is used stock on the intake side of the throttle bodies. I have clamps and positive rubber connection on both sides of the throttle bodies. No collars, no O-Rings, No Boost Leak. I also mounted the fan on the front of the intercooler like the current releases.

I installed a new cylinder, pistons/rings, and head at the turbo build. The old ones were in great shape, no melt downs on this sled, still got 'em in a box. I added an Avid billet chaincase cover and new hyvo gears and chain. Sent both clutches off to Indy Dan who installed a Hi_Performance Engineering heavy primary cover and a 911 Response quick adjust sheave. You can set the side clearance on the belt with an allen wrench, no shimming the spider.

Sled has Innovate O2 and Koso EGT's along with a boost gauge. Its driven on a 3.0 pitch fully clipped 162 Camo Extreme with 7 tooth Avid extro's.

Other Bling from the front includes:
Treedog Front Bumper
Skinz Float Plate
Holz Front Hood Straps
Hartman Ski Scratchers
Fire n Ice venting
SLP Venting
Skinz 2" Rise Mountain Bars filled with Bar Snake
RSI Heaters
RSI Hooks
Fastrax Billet Throttle
Fastrax Billet Kill Switch
RSI Extended Brake Line & Throttle
Snobunge Detachable Lefty
Tether
Black Better Boards
Polished Tunnel
RSI Rail Scratchers
Skinz Rear Bumper
Have Wildchild Steering Post (not installed)
Have Fire n Ice Torque Arm & Push Stop (not installed)
Have Fastrax Tunnel Cooler (not installed)

Upgrades:
Left front Motor Mount Bolt (ARP)
10 Ga. marine tinned wire to ground ecu plate to chassis and motor
Stainless Band Clamps on all turbo connections
Epoxy Heat Shrinks on all wiring connections
Die Electric in all connectors
TPS set properly
Oil Pump set properly
Coolant flush with water wetter added
Coolant plumbed to turbo

I'm sure I'm forgetting something. This sled has the best of the best. The only issue I have had was a turbo bearing failure (the older generation plastic bearing cage) which caused some contact in the compressor housing. Turbo was completly replaced (with current metal bearing) 300-400 miles ago.

This sled in it's current form is set up for a bigger rider. It does not do the verticle wheelies, but it does hold a line true as an arrow with the skis 2-3 feet off the ground. It does not have the "flickable" feeling that my other turbos have (155's with Mt. Tamers) but it is also not tippy and does not dart or rebound. With the flatter approach angle and track it gets up on the snow really well. My boys can't even touch me in the whoops with the EZ-Ryde and Z-Broz. It smoothes out even the worst.

This sled in its current form would be ideal for a bigger intermediate rider that wants to get to the top of everything and have enough power, floatation, and hook up to be forgiving in the boondocking terrain without being stuck all the time. This sled got me out of a lot of rider error and lack of ability. I have all the goods and could set it up in one of many other suspension combo's as well if the price was right.

Price is $9,000. I have my new Pro now and would be willing to discuss delivery if there was some good riding opportunity involved. I am not willing to deliver for a weekend joy ride. I am not money hungry or stupid so lets avoid that temptation. If you are looking for a solid, stable sled that rips and is pull n go, this might be your ride. Take a look. Sled is located in NE Washington.
Thanks. Eric 509-684-4335 leave a message or PM

100_3137.jpg

100_3139.jpg

100_3140.jpg

100_3150.jpg

100_3157.jpg

100_3161.jpg

100_3162.jpg

100_3172.jpg

100_3174.jpg

100_3180.jpg

100_3184.jpg

Last edited:
E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
Man......tough economy, nearly 100 looks and nobody has even offered me $5000 if I throw in the sled deck. lol. EW

smwizzz

Lifetime Membership
May 6, 2008
Ft McMurray, AB
TTT

Nice ride bud. Snowest isn't known for big spenders. Been there done that. Good place for the bargain hunters. Guess the next prob is the new pro is out and workin awesome. Good luck with the sale.

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
Any interest out there at $10,000. Would take a street bike (Cruiser) on trade or pay up to a Heritage Softtail or a Street Glide.

If not I will part the whole thing, sell the add ons and keep the OEM useables for our other IQ's. PM me if interested in any of the add ons (turbo, skid, front end, track, etc.). We shall see. Thanks for looking all 500 + of you. EW

S

SpokaneRMK

Oct 29, 2004
Spokane, WA
I might be interested in some parts if ya part it out, can't beleive this sled is still for sale, definetaly a nice setup with no exspenses spared, ttt

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
Life just got pretty busy for me work wise. I don't know when I will get around to breaking this sled into pieces. I will want to do the entire sled in one move while packaging all the related pieces. I've done partials in the past and it never worked out so well. Once I have everything wrapped and labeled in rubbermaid boxes I will post up a list and prices. Sled is covered in my heated shop for now.

In the mean time I would still consider a cruiser bike, ATV/UTV, or Jeep trade up or down or a fair cash offer.

I will give those who have inquired first shot at the requested parts if/when they are ready to ship. I'll keep this updated. Thanks for the responses. EW

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
$ 9000 for the sled and I'll throw in a sealed drum of 110. Or, $9000 for the gas and I'll throw in the sled. Have you been watching the pumps lately, won't be long before the fuel passes the Dragon......lol.

I'm really not laughing, the barrel may really pass the sled. Ride the sled and invest the barrel by selling it in the fall for $10,000. Can't go wrong. EW

Last edited:

holman6336

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Odessa/Spokane WA
TTT for ya EW. I've rode this sled personally, and for a Polaris it runs dang good :face-icon-small-hap But seriously, EW takes care of his stuff, every part of this sled has been gone through after every ride!

So how bout this EW, I trade you my M7 turbo, and three packs of gum? Sounds like a fair trade to me!

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
still for sale

I assume you mean the fuel......lol. Ya, its still for sale. Sled hasn't been out since early January when I got a Pro. Gonna take it for a rip this weekend and get a boost fix. I love the Pro, but it is impossible to be satisfied with stock once you've had boost. Thanks for lookin. EW

Premium Features