• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Value of Totaled 2024 Ski Doo Summit X Turbo R 165

M

mjenergy

Mar 23, 2014
Breckenridge, CO
My 2024 Summit X Turbo R 165 hit a tree and I believe it is totaled. It has +/- 300 miles. It is currently at the dealership waiting for an estimate for the repairs. It didn't hit the tree directly in front of the sled, so the exhaust and motor appear to be fine. The sled hit the tree between the left ski and the side of the sled. The hood was destroyed, both upper and lower suspension arms bent, chassis module is damaged along with the left rear diagonal cross member. The sheave driven pulley looks to be misaligned.

If the sled is indeed totaled. Does anyone have an idea what the sled would be worth. I will probably sell it to someone who might want to rebuild it or someone who buys sled for parts. I am located in Colorado. Thanks in advance.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
The sled hit a tree? Was it ghost-riding itself? Tesla autopilot was on but not working?

Hopefully, if someone was on it, they are okay.

Pics would be helpful.

Tjtwenty

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2016
I totaled a brand new sled back in 2015. If the insurance company decides to total your sled, they'll give you an option of taking a full payout for your sled or the option of buying your totaled sled back at the salvage price and deduct that from your check. I would possibly be interested in buying your wrecked sled once I see the repair quote from your dealer

Wapow

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
Sounds like it would be pretty expensive to bring back to spec. Maybe $5-8K for somebody interested in parting it out. Engine, turbo and clutches should be worth about that much alone, if they're undamaged.

X
Oct 8, 2009
5k is probably a reasonable number. The issue you will run into is that after the engine, track and rear skid, nobody wants much of the leftovers. The reason is that the sled is so new, most sleds are not in need of an upgrade or repair. You may get lucky and find someone who wants to build it or swap a good engine ecu combo into a roller.

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
my buddy hit a rock last year on his 23 turbo with just over 200Km on it the insurance company paid almost $19,000 canadian to fix it
my buddy hit a rock last year on his 23 turbo with just over (124mi) on it the insurance company paid almost ($14,081USD) to fix it

I fixed it for us southerners to read...lol

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
Christopher said previously that he didn’t know what it cost as he sold the machine to a Ski Doo mechanic in Rexburg.Be interesting if he has any input on the cost now!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Christopher said previously that he didn’t know what it cost as he sold the machine to a Ski Doo mechanic in Rexburg.Be interesting if he has any input on the cost now!
I have no idea at all what the technician invested to bring the sled back to full usability

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
Can you inquire the next time you go in the shop?The thing is he didn’t pay retail for the parts and didn’t back charge himself for his labor.It would be amusing to see what he would of charged one of us regular guys to repair it keep us posted please

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
With the price of snowmobiles,it doesn’t make sense to go uninsured,unless you have plenty of cash to scrap it and start over.If it gets stolen your in the same situation.

Premium Features