• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

10 xp works awesome compared to the 09

V
Nov 27, 2008
North Bend, WA
Yep, the 2010 still comes with pre-oiled clutches :rolleyes: They need to be cleaned before the first ride for sure.

Clean just the surfaces, or disassemble and clean thoroughly? I'm pretty good with a wrench, but have not bought a clutch puller and jumped into the voodo world of clutching yet. I plan to eventually....

I see no need to remove the sway bar on the 10's but we do need to try it in different snow conditions. What a friggin FUN sled

WOW, that good? Amzaing how a few subtle changes can so dramatically change the handling.

J

joshua335

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary, AB
i love my 10 163 xp, i had a 08 and a 09 163x and hated how they handled, i rode my 10 today and i think they are night and day difference, i just have to just barely lean over the the sled follows so what ever brp did hats off to them, i had a blast riding it from my 09. it worked real well also it is the first ride with oil in the tank and when it was climbing in 1-2ft of fresh snow it was seeing 50-53mph track speed all the time this is awesome for this kind of sled, it felt as good or better than my modded 09 m1000 162 i had. i just had to say something because i was really starting to hate brp in the past from all the problems they had with their previous sleds, and mine worked awesome for the first 60miles of hard ridin.:beer;:D

Did you happen to be riding at Clemina on Saturday?

C
Is the 09 / 2010 upgrade a kit or do you just order the parts? If its just parts , anyone have a list? thnx sj

Heres the parts list that came in my 2010 "Upgrade" kit.
Scan_Pic0010.jpg

That shock recalibration stuff is for the guys with the X package shocks as the instructions tell ya' to restack the shock with the different shims.

The kit also came with very detailed step by step instructions with....Pictures!:eek:

For us marginal wrenchers I assume?
Scan_Pic0011.jpg

Last edited:
J
Dec 22, 2008
Ellensburg
Stepped off my '08 XP this weekend and rode my buddies '10 for a bit. Wow. Amazing improvement. Almost fell over on my first turn. Gonna have to get the '10 update kit!

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
Can a guy just buy the 163 rails seperate? ;):beer;

Hmmmm interesting question grasshopper. I spoke to the guys at Mr. Rs and they said they tried it in a 163 but couldnt get the rear shock firm enuff to control the long 163. I do have a HC rear shock , maybe that might dampen it enuff. A guy would have to buy the kit , and 163 rails. And try to resell the 154 rails. :face-icon-small-fro

XPWY

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
WY
Lightining and Jreed - Did you guys have still have the swaybar on? Also, did you run your front and center shocks soft on the 2010? Thanks.

travydog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Tulare south dakota
I purchesed a 10 this year and am comeing off a 01 rmk 800 and wouldnt go back right now if i was paid. It is a fun sled. The only thing I was wondering about is like someone said the cluch was really hot after my last little ride and was wondering what i should do about that. I havent put a ven kit in or nothing on that side. Dont have alot of extra money to throw at it right now either is there any cheep ways of getting it to cool better?

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
I purchesed a 10 this year and am comeing off a 01 rmk 800 and wouldnt go back right now if i was paid. It is a fun sled. The only thing I was wondering about is like someone said the cluch was really hot after my last little ride and was wondering what i should do about that. I havent put a ven kit in or nothing on that side. Dont have alot of extra money to throw at it right now either is there any cheep ways of getting it to cool better?

Ive always cut or drilled holes in the panels where you want venting, then glue fibreglass screen on the back side. Doesnt look as nice as a vent kit, but costs about 10 bucks in materials and cools just as good. Definitely doesnt look bad if you do it right.

L
May 15, 2009
From what I'm reading, it sounds like the 2010 models/suspensions are working better then the 09's and 08 models.
My question is, has anyone ridden them side by side the same day same conditions to see the difference? Playing in the powder, climbing, sidehilling, and running down the trail.
Seriously thinking about buying the upgrade kit for my 08, but want to make sure that I'm doing the right thing. $500 for the kit is alot of coin for me right now.
So any input would be appreciated.
Thanks

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I took a gamble on my 09 my adding the holz 163 skid and the 2010 swaybar and fox float2s front shocks, now I have a sled that I can ride and feel like it goes where I want it too instead if it laying flat and not wanting to sidehill. The holz suspension has the same attack angle as the 2010, I have not rode a 2010 to compare but I'm very happy with the reduction in weight and the added agility. Everyone that rides my sled comments how light the sled feels compared to their XP and that is with a 12lb tunnel bag on it!
Not trying to poach lightning800's post but wanted to share with the 163 owners of my findings.

L

lightening800

Sep 4, 2004
northern alberta
I took a gamble on my 09 my adding the holz 163 skid and the 2010 swaybar and fox float2s front shocks, now I have a sled that I can ride and feel like it goes where I want it too instead if it laying flat and not wanting to sidehill. The holz suspension has the same attack angle as the 2010, I have not rode a 2010 to compare but I'm very happy with the reduction in weight and the added agility. Everyone that rides my sled comments how light the sled feels compared to their XP and that is with a 12lb tunnel bag on it!
Not trying to poach lightning800's post but wanted to share with the 163 owners of my findings.

good to hear matt, hopefully we can hook up after christmas to do some comparing.

Premium Features