• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riding near Bachelor, March 8th and 9th.

C

coug66

Oct 31, 2010
NW near Greenwater
I have to thank our host T Stone, who set the bar for being a great snowmobiler, host and friend. He introduced us to some quality people and riders, who my only regret is I couldn't spend more time with every one of them. I thought I knew alot about my sled but a few minutes with Kasey around the fire and I picked up a bunch of new information.

It was a one good time after another, technical tree boondocking.

steam vents hidden everywhere and tree wells that reach out and grab you :)

cloudy day, sunny day, clear skies and a nice top coat of about 12" of good snow.

But as all successfull trips it wasn't just the snow or the conditions but the people you sled with and the off the mountain hospitality.

They had the right gear, were always ready to help a fellow sledder with a stuck sled, and showed me that sledding was a sport. Off the hill they were all successfull proffesionally and seemed to embrace the motto, "work hard play hard", with a healthy dose of "in it to win it"

Afterwards we spent the night at Hugh Okanes, and drank cocktails and beers till they gave last call.

I had spent very little time boondocking, I probably had 1 hour under my belt before this trip. After this trip I get the passion, Its tough but rewarding.

Wow, a chance to test my technical skills. After this trip I am raising my bars, they are set too low and are not in the rite position for standing all day.

These guys never sat, it would be like walking on the football field, these guys were here to play not spectate. ( they wern't even sitting for this beverage break, picture below)

First day was a little overcast
IMG-20130308-00282.jpg

IMG-20130308-00286.jpg

IMG-20130308-00285.jpg

next day the sky changed, it was bluebird all the way!

DSCN2380.JPG

Un technical riding in a technical area. " I stole this line from Tom :)"

DSCN2369.JPG

"Over the steam vents and through the woods to grandmothers house we go"

IMG-20130309-00300.jpg

Playing in the crater

IMG-20130309-00295.jpg

IMG-20130309-00294.jpg

We were lucky to have an opportunity to stay the St Francis school at the Mcmenamins in Bend.

IMG-20130309-00288.jpg

The best part about the 5 bedroom "Parish house" was its location!

It was connected to Hugh Okanes, a cigar friendly social bar with great food.

At night everyone is social and friendly and it reminded me of a old fashion kegger party ( except there was more woman than the ones I attended in high school)

They kept the fire well stocked with dry wood.

IMG-20130309-00287.jpg

We had the chance to meet some amazing snowmobilers who were tremendous ambassadors to the sport, and they gave me a greater appreciation of what snowmobiling can add to your life.

Last edited:

t stone

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Bend, Or.
Ian, Thanks for the props brother. We will make it up to Baker next year for sure so you can show our crew around. I was pretty spent after 2 days of hard riding. Good times!

Stone

Premium Features