• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Carls Cycle 900-Ride Report

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
I was out in McCall this weekend and had a chance to spend some time with and on the Carls Cycle 900 Pro. I rode it previously last month, but Struthers has spent some time on it since. The bottom end and mid range on this thing in unreal. The only Polaris that I have ever been on that is stronger down low was the 1140 twin. However, the 900 is for real. It pulls like a train on the bottom and through the mid range. I would say it pulls harder there then my turbo at 10lbs. On top the turbo walks away and keeps pulling, but the 900 is legit. A stock 800 Pro does not even compare. Very impresses with the gains tha Carls Cycle has made on this thing and think it is going to turn some heads this winter. Awesome set-up!!

stonehands1

Lifetime Membership
Jul 26, 2010
Mt. Baker
I was out in McCall this weekend and had a chance to spend some time with and on the Carls Cycle 900 Pro. I rode it previously last month, but Struthers has spent some time on it since. The bottom end and mid range on this thing in unreal. The only Polaris that I have ever been on that is stronger down low was the 1140 twin. However, the 900 is for real. It pulls like a train on the bottom and through the mid range. I would say it pulls harder there then my turbo at 10lbs. On top the turbo walks away and keeps pulling, but the 900 is legit. A stock 800 Pro does not even compare. Very impresses with the gains tha Carls Cycle has made on this thing and think it is going to turn some heads this winter. Awesome set-up!!

Sweet! Thanks for the report. Glad to hear the BB is coming along. Any word from Jack on when he'll get some kits out? And I thought he was gonna call it the 896 since 900 makes some people wince.:face-icon-small-win

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I am surprised that even an aftermarket company would come out with anything with the words "Polaris" and "900" in the same sentence. Don't get me wrong, I have seen a few that run really well. On a completely unrelated note...Amazing Assman? That just cracks me up. You should post way more, and ask specific questions. That way when people respond they can start out with Assman....

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
I dont want to speak out of place and think it would be best to call Carls, but there were 2 900's in our group this weekend. I know Jack is just trying to put more and more miles on them so they are ready to go before releasing them to the public. They both ran flawlessly this weekend so I would venture to say that they are pretty close to being released. I thought they had something like 5 kits on order, or in the works. Like I said, I would call Carls Cycle and ask Jack.

On a side note, a turbo 900 would be sick....totally not necessary as they both run great as is, but would be sick none-the-less!

stonehands1

Lifetime Membership
Jul 26, 2010
Mt. Baker
I dont want to speak out of place and think it would be best to call Carls, but there were 2 900's in our group this weekend. I know Jack is just trying to put more and more miles on them so they are ready to go before releasing them to the public. They both ran flawlessly this weekend so I would venture to say that they are pretty close to being released. I thought they had something like 5 kits on order, or in the works. Like I said, I would call Carls Cycle and ask Jack.

On a side note, a turbo 900 would be sick....totally not necessary as they both run great as is, but would be sick none-the-less!

Do you know if he ended up using the cast or forged pistons?

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
If yer gonna spend that much money just get the PA 1100 billet motor

900's pricing in line with the 860 kit, and everything bolts on, probably around 4500.00, brads 1100's 12,000.00 for the motor alone then add pipes, ect probably 15,000 done so quite a difference between the 2 price wise.
Can't go wrong either way tho

So far there are only 2 900's built, my riding partners on the short list but it will be a while yet, guessing a few months

MOWER800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Layton Utah
PAR

900's pricing in line with the 860 kit, and everything bolts on, probably around 4500.00, brads 1100's 12,000.00 for the motor alone then add pipes, ect probably 15,000 done so quite a difference between the 2 price wise.
Can't go wrong either way tho

So far there are only 2 900's built, my riding partners on the short list but it will be a while yet, guessing a few months

for $12,000 Brad kit is complete with pipes.

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
really curious to see what the 900 ends up cost. i but it will be a ripper regardless just like pretty much everything carl's put out.

on the cost point above, i think he meant that if you bought the 900 AND put a turbo on it, then you would be approaching the cost of brad's 1100. being at sea level, personally, i'd rather have the 1100 than the 900 with a turbo. assuming the 1100 ends up working with the fuel injection...

pv

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
Curious how Carl's 900 will stack up against Brad's head and the HPS can. One is waaaaay cheaper than the other if there is only a 5-10 hp difference.

Premium Features