• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'08 Summit XP Clutch Upgrade

TEAM Industries

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Detroit Lakes, MN, Island Park, ID
Who did your head and can? We find that clutching is one of the best dynos out there. If you can't pull it, you are not making the power. We've talked to a lot of pipe makers and engine builders and there is not a lot to be gained on these motors, but a lot to lose.

C
Jan 28, 2008
What the Team does that skidoo secondary does not accomplish, Is have the ability to respond & react as fast as the Team. Weather coming out of the hole or upshifting or backshifting the Team performs hands down faster and more consistant in all area's of clutch performance, which equals better rpm and better consistant track speed.......For most riders the stock TRA''s work OK except for the TRA respond very slow when compared against the Team. Once the stock TRA has gotten to hot your consistant trackspeed is all but toast......Since im still waiting for my backordered spline shaft to arrive and my neighbors has already got his saft installed now for 30 day's with a Team. We're all but done with testing the Team at elevation 8000 to 10,000 feet.... If you prefer a very aggresive helix i would try a Team 70-46-42 this helix has 3 cut's the 70 coming out of the hole is a monster that will rip at your arms all day very aggressive imo. The 46-42 profile in the steep and deep imo senses and keeps the track hooked up very very well also..... I also like the 66-44-42 which the 66 although still very agressive out of the hole isn't near as a hammer on the arm sockets as the 70. As for the 44-42 it works very very well also. However for me and my style the 46-42 with the hard shifting 70 coming out of the hole so far has been the ticket against all XP's tested.....Iif could CNC my own "Dream" Team Helix i have a feeling a 66-46-42 profile in the steep and deep of western wyoming would be a real winner.

just a little something about about OEM clutch spring both the primary and secondary spring are "junk cheap coat hanger wire", coiled up to become a spring At about 300 miles and under load the springs because there " junk cheap wire" become to soft imo and effect belt pressure. In fact that spring rate that you thought you had needs to replaced if you like aggresive consistant , fast reacting clutching.

If you have the $$$ and want the ultimate XP mountain setup or flatland setup for that matter, add a set of Heavy Hitter to the primary. The Team and Heavy Hitter setup is the best mod clutch setup i've run to date. It hammer out of the hole, mid range is very agressive while the top end maintains the best consistant track speed on a long pull i've been around so far.

OT

Which springs are being used with this helix set up. With out heavy hitters in primary. What brand of primary spring if not skidoo?

TEAM Industries

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
The primary spring is our own, as well as the driven spring. We don't release the ratings, but you will know if you buy the kit.......

Heavy Hitters work pretty well, but the ultimate clutch setup for the drive is our adjustable arms. That would be the next step for the most tunability.

Just ask all the Ski Doo snow crossers that use them.

Mark

C
Jan 28, 2008
I did buy your kit and looked it up on your web site that a Yellow white primary is 160/230. I also emailed several question to your tech support and got very short dismal answers. This is why I'm trying a different approach to find a good Helix+spring /primary+spring combo. Just trying to acomplish a 50MPH tack speed while climbing at 9000'. The original reason I payed for the Team conversion kit in the first place.

And I don't think I'm LOOSING to much power from the RKT head and HPS can as you stated earlier. I have ran the same combo on my 04 rev since I bought it new. Turning 48 MPH track speed with it without any team parts provided. I may have made a mistake purchasing team for the XP.

Can someone else help with teams set up to acomplish this.

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA
What length track is yous? I have a 154 and I am still adjusting it. I know someone that has a 146 and its perfect. Both of us had to mess with our pin weight.

C
Jan 28, 2008
I a 154" track. are you still using the 48-44-33 helix. what kind off track speed are you getting? Did you add pin wieght or take out.

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA
I am using the 44 helix also. I have 3.9 grams in each pin and its running good. Only problem is I am on Clicker 1. I am seeing 8150-8200 RPM wise though. Pulling about 60-65 track speed going up decent hills on set up spring time snow. I am thinking about putting in 415 ramps and taking out some pin weight. That is what my dealer is doing tomorrow for our ride. I will let you know how it goes.

H
Jan 28, 2008
GP-AB-CAN-EARTH
Mark @ TEAM please resond to this.

How can you say you have and excellent quality record with them when all the 07's had issues? anyone that thinks they didn't is an idiot. i'm sure you mean you passed all BRP's QA tests.
Do you make the entire clutch or just components? are they assembled by you or at BRP.
most of the issues have been the bushings, rollers, pins, pucks ect.
One of the dealers near here opened up a bag of the updated bushings and it took 4 to find one that would fit! not much consistency there!

this would clarify things.......

thanks,

Mark, I'm not convinced this question has been answered. Please fill in the gaps. We appreciate your honest, straightforward answers...

My credit card is waiting.

TEAM Industries

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
TEAM is a manufacturer to OEM's of components and assemblies both of our design and thier's. BRP's TRA is thier design and we manufacture what they tell us to make. TEAM makes the complete TRA drive clutch and our driven clutch for the race sleds.

I don't want to get in the middle of a debate about whether or not there were problems with the '07 Ski Doo's and if it is TEAM's fault. I run the aftermarket group and can only tell you that the quality of this XP kit is second to none. As you know, there are differences between every sled and riding location, so there is always room to optimize for your machine and conditions. We give you a great starting point that works very well for 90% of the guys that try it. If you want even better performance, you need to tune to your specific sled and conditions with gram weight, helix and ramps.

Dec 8, 2007
146 XP

Red/Black Spring TSS04
56-40 56-38
23/49 Gearing

41- Ramps (Do your own tuning)

Outstanding-And the great part is you can align the Secondary

Original 166 Belt

Clicker 3

8250 consistent

S
Oct 21, 2004
Puyallup, WA
Any update on when Team will come out with a Team Primary Clutch?
with the 09's setup not improving I would think that Team has a big market if they just build a quality primary that works.

S
Oct 21, 2004
Puyallup, WA
Hey Brian, have you looked into the Polar primary?? YDPC swears by it!

No, Yamadoopolcat can keep the polar and it's R&D work to himself. I have a hard enough time with the TRA's
Team said last year that they were going to come out with their own version of a primary......Interesting no new info yet???:present:

Premium Features