• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Warrenty

Pow-Shredder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2015
The Hills
I have a 17 Mtn Cat and something along the lines of a bolt hit my clutch while I was riding and dinged it pretty good. Dealer couldn't find any missing bolts anywhere in the sled that would have hit the clutch so they are not sure what hit the clutch. Took the sled into the dealer and they told me it would be covered by warrenty when I dropped it off now that it's done they are acting like Cat is going to decline the claim. I have no experience dealing with warrenty claims, is Cat pretty strict or is the dealer just trying to get more money out of me.

Pow-Shredder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2015
The Hills
I honestly have no clue what hit the clutch. It hit the outer on the primary. I don't store anything under my hood so nothing was under there.

Last edited:

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
im guessing it was the rivet right in front of the clutch cover. mine carved a nice groove in the cover while i was riding it on its side. i removed the rivet, put a dab of glue in there, put a rivet in the rear hole where they left one out. all cats need this done before mountain riding.

M8onEdge

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2011
Rigby, Idaho
Who knows what they might do? I like the rivet theory. For me Cat has been phenomenal with warranty claims. They warrantied a jack shaft on my ‘14 three months over the warranty period....and bought me two new clutches. They also warrantied a diamond drive I brought in one week over the one year warranty. Best of luck!

Premium Features