• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

if i cut the bottom 3 or 4 inch off the stock rev snow flap will i over hear?

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
Just picked up a 2005 Summit X 800 with 591 miles and backing it down the ramp the first time the snow flap tucked under the track and stopped me cold.

Will be cutting the bottom section off, hope it will not throw too much roust.

R
Dec 12, 2007
Orting, WA
i cut the bottom 3 or 4 inch off the stock rev snow flap will i over hear?

just above the skidoo lettering.. iv been reading a ton about guys over heating.

should i be worried?

What is your reason for wanting to cut it off?? I cut my original snow flap and on a hard packed spring ride the sled got hot. Replaced the snow flap and its never happened since.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
at most i run like 4" snow flaps and scratchers on all my sleds. overheating isnt an issue unless on dirt, and you dont back onto it. or run into it when digging out

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
first ride with it cut, i have scratchers and had no problems with the little snow we have in WA now.

x2 scratcher down no problems and I also removed all the bogie wheels except the rear axle 2 whl kit, the extra inchs off the snowflap also helps it from getting caught in the track in reverse or backing off out of the back of the truck or trailer, I actually have a nylon strap wrapped around rear bumer down to the flap popriveted on holding the flap up and out a bit to prevent this more and still no heating probs, the scratcher also add life and extra lubrication to the hyfaxs

Wildcard

B

BackCountryBob

Aug 7, 2001
Arvada, Colorado
I cut my 9 year old flap back 8 yrs ago--when I converted the 151 x 2 to an 11XP 154 x 2.4" with 8" wheels it got caught up in the tunnel and needed to be replaced. Attached are pics of a $27.00 13PRO flap along with the original DOO spacer that I cut narrower to push the flap further away from the track.
You can cut the POO name out or install a small plate.

The POO flap is 1/2 the weight of the OEM DOO and way less rost:face-icon-small-hap

BCB

Pol snowflap 001.jpg Copy (2) of Pol snowflap 008.jpg Copy (2) of Pol snowflap 010.jpg

Premium Features