• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

"Sidewinder" Video single track North end -

A

Adobe-Al

Nov 9, 2008
Montrose,Co
Thanks, Sam
I have never been on the Battlements, just thought it was all roads- they sound fun. I have played a little in the Bookcliffs a long time ago. Good stuff!

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
Yea, most people think of the Battlements and think of just 4X4 roads. Not so. The single track will get your attention. Take a couple of the trails around CB, ie. Star(15 years ago) and Block and Tackle, and take their toughest sections and multiply those by 2 and you get the Battlements.

Sam

A

Adobe-Al

Nov 9, 2008
Montrose,Co
Sam- I would love some more info about the Battlements, can you P.M some details? If it 2x Star and Timberline it has to be bad a--. When I was dating my now wife, I took her over Star Trail -WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING?
I have riden with the guy that has a owns the Star mine.(I bet you know who I am talking about)
Thanks, Al

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
We have a few friends that want to ride the Battlements also. I think we are going to try and get together the 3rd of October and bang a few rocks. Let me know if you can make it.

Sam

A

Adobe-Al

Nov 9, 2008
Montrose,Co
Sam,
Thanks for the E-vite sounds like a butt whoopen, but I have already promised the Rico boys for that weekend. They are saying their is no-way I can make some of their stuff with a knobby, so I guess I will try to prove them wrong. If it is wet and muddy they maybe right. What about your stuff at Battlement? trials tire or knobby?

Thanks again for the e-vite I would love to see the area. Please let me know if your doing some the good stuff. I would love to tag along. I will post pics and vid of Rico.

Al

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
Al, trials tires are definitely the "rave", no doubt. I am still old school. I run KNOBS. I did everything at Rico with knobbies, no problems whatsoever. Even wet it would no be a problem, it would just add a little more of a challenge. Have fun. We will try and hook up later.

Sam

A

Adobe-Al

Nov 9, 2008
Montrose,Co
Sam,

They said we are going up Rough Canyon and linking to go up Little Bear. Do you know anything about them? I ride with some sick dudes that like to hometown on their trails.

Al

Premium Features