• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Product Announcement! Everett Cool Flap

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Just ordered on Tuneman and would love to test this out this Saturday on a memorial poker run with the fam. Not sure if It has a shot of being here friday, but thought I’d mention it. Snows been thin in Fish Lake area and I’ll need all I can get keeping the mtn matryx cool?
You still snowmobile? ?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Mine has been getting drawn up into the tunnel as well. Pretty easy fix. I just added two plastic push pins through the stock flap when in the out position. This holds it up.
53edd04f71ac6289d99229bfc8ce56d1.jpg

ab1f04d469c2c211c62fc863e5de6471.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So much for the ease of use. ?

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Polaris should have put the long cooler in all the sleds.
Tuneman fix is worth a shot.
We can’t get up the trail very far anymore without the red temp warning coming on.
Can’t add snow to the top of the tunnel anymore.
Boots cost more than this product and so does a broken ankle.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
I just installed mine and thanks again for getting it here so fast.

But I am very curious what’s going to keep this from sliding out when climbing hills, wheelies and loading up on the sled deck? it takes very little effort for it to just come out and it is not very tight.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
I just installed mine and thanks again for getting it here so fast.

But I am very curious what’s going to keep this from sliding out when climbing hills, wheelies and loading up on the sled deck? it takes very little effort for it to just come out and it is not very tight.
Hmmm, I've not heard that one. The bracket is designed to pinch the flap between itself and the dropped section on the tunnel where the taillight is. There should be a fair amount of friction to keep it in place. Could your tunnel tail be ever so slightly tweaked up from doing wheelies or something?

Anyway, you could add a washer/spacer to the front mounting holes, between the bracket and tunnel. That will cause more pinch at the end. Or tweak the bracket itself at the rear to get more pinch.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Hmmm, I've not heard that one. The bracket is designed to pinch the flap between itself and the dropped section on the tunnel where the taillight is. There should be a fair amount of friction to keep it in place. Could your tunnel tail be ever so slightly tweaked up from doing wheelies or something?

Anyway, you could add a washer/spacer to the front mounting holes, between the bracket and tunnel. That will cause more pinch at the end. Or tweak the bracket itself at the rear to get more pinch.
Okay, it slid out riding into my enclosed trailer, So, doesn’t take much. I’ll see about pinching the rear portion.

MDEVO

Chic Chocs Addicts
Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2011
Oshawa, ON,Canada
Hey Tuneman
Have they been tested on double slash sleds? My Buddy has a 163 under 155 tunnel….would like to purchase. Just wondering if it would hit track or get jammed up?
Great idea, and slick design!!!

K
Jun 30, 2017
Rode from the house with low snow conditions and it stayed under 140-150 pretty easy(i wouldve been chasing snow the whole time and didnt have too). i also towed a buddy 10 km down a road and he said the flap made a big difference, he could actually see once i slid the flap out and bent it down. It also maintained 160 pretty easy towing, usually id have to unhook to cool off every now and then even with good snow. 850 165 slash pro.

J

JDHSKI

Nov 17, 2022
MT
I too am having significant issues with the flap staying up on both my wife's and I's sleds. They both slide out just riding in the trailer and are impossible to keep up when out riding. Large whoops result in it getting sucked into the track or slapping off paddles which has resulted in the tip of the flap bending. Removed the flap from both sleds after 2 short rides dealing with it and will work on a fix once we actually need them a little later in the spring.

sidehil

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Federal Way
I got one and it genuinely gets suck up in the track, but truly trying to keep the temps down on an under engineered new Polaris, it’s a big fail…. Got a solid flap from the 155, my first Polaris is **** on marginal snow, why did I dump my 200hp viper I’ll never no…

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Are you guys running scratchers ??

My buddies with new 2023s are.

Everett flap does nothing. It extends itself at times and doesn’t deflect any real snow back into the tunnel when extended on purpose.

Premium Features