• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 900 rider select delete

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
I am working on some for both the 05 and 06 sleds I have 12 in production now for the 06 sleds and will likley make about half that many for the 05 sleds. I will hopefully have some if not all of the 06 kits ready to go by next week and the 05 kits shortly thereafter. I will post and/or pm all of you that have expressed interest.I have sent one of the early prototypes out and have rercieved very positive feedback! It seems that people prefer a rigid set up as opposed to the POS these sleds came with !

H
Jan 9, 2008
Woodland, WA
I am working on some for both the 05 and 06 sleds I have 12 in production now for the 06 sleds and will likley make about half that many for the 05 sleds. I will hopefully have some if not all of the 06 kits ready to go by next week and the 05 kits shortly thereafter. I will post and/or pm all of you that have expressed interest.I have sent one of the early prototypes out and have rercieved very positive feedback! It seems that people prefer a rigid set up as opposed to the POS these sleds came with !

Any chance of getting one for an 06 to Washington by the end of next week?:D:D:D

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Any chance of getting one for an 06 to Washington by the end of next week?:D:D:D

Pretty good !! As you can see I have been busy !:) All I am waiting for is the fasteners and they should be here Monday. You are one of the ten who spoke up so one of those has your name on it !:D

DSC00233 r1.jpg

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
The Kits are done and ready to ship! They are mostly spoken for at this point but I can make more realitivly soon if need be! All of you that spoke up or PM'ed my about this should have recieved a PM already! If you have not and you would like to get one send me a PM and I will make more as needed !

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Put this on today without a hitch. It was pretty simple.

MH, were you referring to having to have circus freak hands to re-use the plastic shrouds that 'plug off' where the rider select isn't ....?

Everything but that was an easy bolt on/off type thing. I had to cut the shrouds off, but everything else was cake...

With that said .... For those of you guys who have this setup or a setup similar to this, what are you doing to 'block off' the open area? I tried trimming up some of the stock plastic and using that, and if I screw with it enough and use some epoxy I might be able to get it to "work" ...

But what do you all think about getting some prefilter material and sort of sewing up your own boot for this? Does anyone know if there are "prefilter material boot kits"? I mean hell it doesnt even have to be prefilter matieral ... anything you could cut up and make your own boot with would work.

Any ideas?

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Put this on today without a hitch. It was pretty simple.

MH, were you referring to having to have circus freak hands to re-use the plastic shrouds that 'plug off' where the rider select isn't ....?

Everything but that was an easy bolt on/off type thing. I had to cut the shrouds off, but everything else was cake...

With that said .... For those of you guys who have this setup or a setup similar to this, what are you doing to 'block off' the open area? I tried trimming up some of the stock plastic and using that, and if I screw with it enough and use some epoxy I might be able to get it to "work" ...

But what do you all think about getting some prefilter material and sort of sewing up your own boot for this? Does anyone know if there are "prefilter material boot kits"? I mean hell it doesnt even have to be prefilter matieral ... anything you could cut up and make your own boot with would work.

Any ideas?

The 06 sleds are a snap compared to the 05s' the bolts are from the bottom side on the 05. I am using hertzdount21s' sled as my sample for the 05 kits. Him and I are both freaking giants and I did not think we would get it out with out smashing it to bits !

How did every thing fit? I sent a prototype to mule and made some adjustments from there yours is s/n 0001 so whatcha think? I am going polish mine and drill a hole for my tether in the center of the plate but I can take some measurements and see about a custom vent to close it off I make my own intake vents and such so it shouldn't be a big deal . I also thought about mountting the MFD controls their as well to make more room for hand guards on the bars

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
The 06 sleds are a snap compared to the 05s' the bolts are from the bottom side on the 05. I am using hertzdount21s' sled as my sample for the 05 kits. Him and I are both freaking giants and I did not think we would get it out with out smashing it to bits !

How did every thing fit? I sent a prototype to mule and made some adjustments from there yours is s/n 0001 so whatcha think? I am going polish mine and drill a hole for my tether in the center of the plate but I can take some measurements and see about a custom vent to close it off I make my own intake vents and such so it shouldn't be a big deal . I also thought about mountting the MFD controls their as well to make more room for hand guards on the bars

Bolted right up no problems at all. I just started the 4 main bolts, put a little bit of blue loc-tite on em, then snugged them all down once they were threaded in there, put the shroud back on and snugged up the "top two" ... tool all of 10 minutes to do.

I am gonna run to the auto parts store and see if they have a universal shifter boot or something of that nature I might be able to cobble together...I'm sure it's an easy fix if you just find the right material to do it with.

Premium Features