• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Island Park, ID and new MCX 270 SR Viper.

S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
I picked my viper up from outlaw two weekend ago with no snow here, so our club and I went back to my childhood backyard. We found some amazing powder and great play areas out the back of my dad's cabin just west of Elk Station..
This was the first trip and ride on my viper. I had outlaw install a MCX Turbo kit with 270 hp running crap pump gas. This sled is a beast. Climbing, handling, reliability and go anywhere sled. I was skeptical at first but now I have a new love for snowmobiling, or for the locals in idaho snowmachining. We road to Reas Peak and Mt Taylor.
I ran into a local while my brother was getting his pro unstuck. He asked me why Yamaha they are too heavy. I didn't say much but let the sled do the talking. I don't think I changed his opinion but I'm sure next time he sees a turbo viper he won't ask why Yamaha.
I think this sled is a game changer for mountain sleds. I would like to try a 190 MPI kit to see how they do. For anyone thinking of a great sled please don't buy a viper with a turbo because I want to be king of the mountain and please stay with your throw away sled. Poo and doo need more reliable engine to stay in the game, or they will have to continue paying people to ride them.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
. For anyone thinking of a great sled please don't buy a viper with a turbo because I want to be king of the mountain and please stay with your throw away sled. .

He he he...
Will be making the last two rides in Island Park on mine this weekend before she finally gets boosted

Last edited:

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
its not his head, its just a toy sled in the background because a real viper could never move in that type of snow they are just WAY!!!!! to heavy and would just sink :face-icon-small-ton

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Chris,
Are you going with a turbo or supercharger?
Big Turbo.
Pretty sure my long awaited kit arrived today.
There is a LARGE box with my name on it in the garage just waiting for me to OPEN IT.
Might even be enough to keep me from riding again tomorrow!!!

Last edited:

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Big Turbo.
Pretty sure my long awaited kit arrived today.
There is a LARGE box with my name on it in the garage just waiting for me to OPEN IT.
Might even be enough to keep me from riding again tomorrow!!!

............how big is it??????

Shattered1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2012
Juneau, AK
its not his head, its just a toy sled in the background because a real viper could never move in that type of snow they are just WAY!!!!! to heavy and would just sink :face-icon-small-ton

HA! No kidding. All pictures of Yamaha's on mountain tops or in deep powder are photoshopped or helicoptered in. They're way too heavy to do that.

Last edited:
C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
You suffer from little man syndrome haha looks good man I hope you got some go pro footage coming. Im tempted to go that route too, the white and blue wooed me in. Im curious to see how a stock piped, tuned with 3'' and some clutch work goes like. Them yama cats make me moist haha

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
We kept the polaris parked most of the day. They are more reliable that way and are more for kids and girls.

got a boost it viper and a 15 pro and love both sleds.

S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
Few pictures of pure fun maker. Removed all the foam on the plastics. The foam was soaked with water from all the powder that found it's way in the engine compartment. Is anyone removing this foam or closing off the openings with screen?

20150111_152602.jpg 20150111_152540.jpg 20150111_152545.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features