• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SnoTel ticker

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
My realtime sno tel ticker has not showed a reading in about 2 weeks. All it says is 0.0 for everything. I pm'd Christopher about this and he says his is working fine. Is anyone else experiancing the same problem as me? If so please post here so Christopher can see who is having the problem.

I went to the NRCS site and the snotel's I look at show totals there.

M

mtsummitx

Nov 26, 2007
Billings, MT
My 3 no worky!! I pm'd Christopher, and was told his 5 working fine and he cant explain why mine don't work????? :face-icon-small-dis

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
My 3 no worky!! I pm'd Christopher, and was told his 5 working fine and he cant explain why mine don't work????? :face-icon-small-dis

If you look down through the Cooke data table, a LOT of data is missing.

http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/report...EQ::value,SNWD::value,PREC::value,TOBS::value

Your ticker may be trying to post data from a time entry where that data is missing.

And if you are watching different sites than Christopher, his may not be missing data while yours is.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I also know that the ticker doesn't show the most CURRENT hourly data. Often times it may show the data point that is a few hours behind current live readins.

Premium Features