• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

($180x2/288miles=$1.25mile)

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Just dropped it at the shop again.
They have no clue what to do.
Pretty much told me to call arctic cat.
I don't want to throw money at the sled and hope it works.
I'm looking at it this way: It's broken and unless they have changed a part or found a problem I will not take it back.
I will spend money on lawyers befor I spend another cent on belts.
52k on sleds in 3 years is one thing. 800 in one weekend on belts is another.

When you call the lawyer, get my contact info. so I can join you This is bull chit.

B

Burn Down

Dec 22, 2008
Boise Idaho
this sucks, snostruck is one of my riding buddys and he now knows how i felt last year.

im starting to think parallelism. could the points where the jackshaft are bolted to the chassis and the points where the motor bolts to the chassis be the issue?

a big square on the back of the primary then looking at it roughly at the jack shaft might tell a story?

my 12 HCR has new primary, mds weights, team secondary, new bearings on the jack shaft both sides, new case half's for the chain case new bearing on the drive shaft. new chain new sprockets. EVERYTHING is new on my sled from the motor to the drive shaft. 1000$ in clutching parts. im at right around 100 miles on this most resent belt, i made the mistake of thinking arctic cat might have fixed there secondary so i was running it, and seeing if i still have an issue well its still the hotter of the two clutches.. me and snostruck have bought 8 sleds between us in the last 4 years we ride every weekend. we watch as proclimbs right next to us make it several rides with half the issues, his last sled made had lots of issues but still went twice as far on a belt. i can not tell you how frustrating it is to here SORRY WE WONT WARRANTY THAT BELT, 180$ PLEASE.. KISS MY FN *** i WILL NOT PAY for another belt PERIOD. if my sled still has an issue (still not sure as we are having the worst snow year in a LONG time.) i will be calling cat corporate telling them my story and asking them how much they really value a customer that bleeds green.

he already brought it to two different dealers, they wont warranty belts for him.

last dealer pretty much de tuned him, by putting a 36 helix on there. but it still blew.

what is sad as we were talking we both agreed we would be content at 150 miles a belt.... but we cant even get that!!!!

Im confused??? I thought you had your belt issues resolved and this was the best sled you have ever owned?

S

sledrider

Nov 26, 2007
Wherever the snow is
Talked again with my dealer.
I am going to drop it off and have them go through it.
Although I don't expect them to find anything I have not found.
......... it is a start.
No Snow worth riding on right now.

B

Burn Down

Dec 22, 2008
Boise Idaho
Not sure, just got all that work done and got 100 miles on this belt we'll see?

And just because i say its the nicest flying sled ive been on and kicks my 10m's *** doesn't mean the thing doesn't have issues.

:)
-Aksnopro

:face-icon-small-win Im with you.

Nov 29, 2007
wasifulus alaska
I had a belt blower until I put the team on and got Steve at mds to set up my primary.also put rads mount on,the first edition.slp kit and a 2.5 extreme and not babying it. Still running the 083. After the thread that team put up,thinking of trying the 085.

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
I ride with MTNVALLEYMOTORSPORTS, their setup is working.

The belt wears flatter than I've ever seen
I can't smell the belt ever.
the shift is smooth
the heat is way down.
The current sled has had many different ppl trying to blow the belt but most importantly those of us that ride the hardest havent blown it. i think the sled has over 500miles on the original belt with no venting.

IMO, changing the angle on the sheaves is the single most important part of it and then they used a softer secondary spring and lighter weights. I'm not sold on the regearing but everyone else seems to be, and it seems there is no change in top speed with the gearing they are using anyway.

That is impossible didnt you read the thread on hard core? It cant be the secondary straight from the horses *** its the clearance on your primary shaft to moveable sheave bushing. Never mind actual results from wyo and company that i know are punishing that sled! I could go on and on but if only it were that simple and cat had a clue. There are obviously problems with quality control on the clutches, ive seen binding primarys and wobbling secondarys...but there are still underlying issues with the drivetrain. Let the real world results speak for themselves.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2007
wasifulus alaska
I had a belt blower until I put the team on and got Steve at mds to set up my primary.also put rads mount on,the first edition.slp kit and a 2.5 extreme and not babying it. Still running the 083. After the thread that team put up,thinking of trying the 085.

I forgot to add,I have over 500 miles on the 83. Took it off last night to try the 85 and the belt looks warn but no pulled cords.floated the team until I found out where it likes to ride then took the float out..btw it likes to be up tight to the TCI,no shims.maybe I missed the thread but is anybody blowing belts with the team?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
That is impossible didnt you read the thread on hard core? It cant be the secondary straight from the horses *** its the clearance on your primary shaft to moveable sheave bushing. Never mind actual results from wyo and company that i know are punishing that sled! I could go on and on but if only it were that simple and cat had a clue. There are obviously problems with quality control on the clutches, ive seen binding primarys and wobbling secondarys...but there are still underlying issues with the drivetrain. Let the real world results speak for themselves.

Not sure what your saying, could you lead me to the thread you speak of.
Or provide some information rather than rant, not to be a dick I'm just wondering what your thinking, or if there is more info.

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
if you stepped outside last season you might have heard me scream when i still pulled a cord with a team sec, and mds weights. glad it worked for you, for me it was 1,000 spent and still chasing a quality control issue from cat. i now have a new primary, and all new bearings/chain case still not positive if im fixed.

yup, there issue is quality control across the board on there clutching.. think about it, crappy rollers, mis milled helix's, tcl's hitting the crossbar, primarys not balanced, sticky secondary sheave bushing, bad batch of belts, WTF

dont call them and try an help them with what might fix your sled either cause its obviously just belt break in, i mean its not like quality feedback from customers could be good for fixing this issue faster...

-Aksnopro

Nov 29, 2007
wasifulus alaska
if you stepped outside last season you might have heard me scream when i still pulled a cord with a team sec, and mds weights. glad it worked for you, for me it was 1,000 spent and still chasing a quality control issue from cat. i now have a new primary, and all new bearings/chain case still not positive if im fixed.

yup, there issue is quality control across the board on there clutching.. think about it, crappy rollers, mis milled helix's, of belts, WTF

dont call them and try an help them with what might fix your sled either cause its obviously just belt break in, i mean its not like quality feedback from customers could be good for fixing this issue faster...

-Aksnopro
I'm not sure who this was directed at but I do step out side.i don't,,,,really on any body to fix my probs.

Last edited:
A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
wasn't saying anything bad toward you 907, just saying that the team sec and mds weights (which fixed a lot of peoples issues) wasn't my issue. :( im running with my TCL strapped down again like RKT did earlier last year, pretty sure thats the only reason i got 100 miles on this belt... :) sled sure feels "tighter" when that tcl is strapped down. (i know its a bandaid, im saving for white rads TCL)
-Aksnopro

Nov 29, 2007
wasifulus alaska
I'm not sure who this was directed at but I do step out side.i don't,,,,really on any body to fix my probs.

wasn't saying anything bad toward you 907, just saying that the team sec and mds weights (which fixed a lot of peoples issues) wasn't my issue. :( im running with my TCL strapped down again like RKT did earlier last year, pretty sure thats the only reason i got 100 miles on this belt... :) sled sure feels "tighter" when that tcl is strapped down. (i know its a bandaid, im saving for white rads TCL)
-Aksnopro

If your still having belt probs we should get together.i seem to have it solved.my OCD did to many things at once to know what fixed it, but seems to be fixed.

Premium Features