• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riding Areas

Big D rmk700

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
New Ulm, Mn
Might be taking a trip over the forth of July from MN to Colorado Springs thinking about taking the sleds along, I no that it kinda depends on old mother nature but do you think there are going to be any places that will still be worth dragging the sleds along to ride?

Doesn't have to be that close to the springs kinda planning on riding the snowy's one day for sure if we go.
Thanks Darren

T

TNytro162

Feb 6, 2011
Northern Colorado
Might be taking a trip over the forth of July from MN to Colorado Springs thinking about taking the sleds along, I no that it kinda depends on old mother nature but do you think there are going to be any places that will still be worth dragging the sleds along to ride?

Doesn't have to be that close to the springs kinda planning on riding the snowy's one day for sure if we go.
Thanks Darren
Just ride the Snowy Range......plenty of snow!!! You can ride from green rock parking and just stay on the north side of the road. WYDOT still hasn't cleared the highway all the way as of may 28th. You wont have to worry about 12 inches of snow!! Just add 100 plus on the backside.
Thats if you really have that itch to ride on July 4th.

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
There's no need to drive an extra 3 hours to the blowies to get to snow.

Up by me there are whole hills that used to have 12-15' trees on them and the trees ARE NOT EVEN IN SIGHT YET!!! There are places where I have a good reference & there is well over 20' of snow on the ground. (I'll be posting more pics soon)

There is TONS of snow up here right now & there still will be a month from now.

I could use some money, if you want to save the $$ on diesel, you can just give it to me instead. I promise not to fund any terrorists... I doubt you'll get the same promise from the oil companies! :face-icon-small-win

Premium Features