• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Do you ride every day on a snowmobile trip?

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
I feel it depends on how conditioned you are and how much you love to ride, personally I could ride 365 days a year. I have an awesome mountain in my backyard and ride 4 days a week for 5 to 6 months straight. At 60 the more I ride the better I feel.

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
i am 47 now but up until 10 years ago we would leave after work on fri and drive 1000 miles unload at 7 am and ride 6 days straight pretty much 10-12 hr days and soaking wet or the last half of everyday and burning multiple tanks of gas each day. now its i leave friday morning and burn tank of fuel aday.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
I went on several rides last season where we ran our gas guzzlers 55 miles in less than two hours and were back to the motel by 10:00AM giving you all day to recover. You can burn a tank of gas in less than 1.5 hours if you ride hard and keep BS'ing to a minimum. The only way to make a day out of it is to pack a couple fives or turn most the day into story time.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
At 60 you find that many of those who used to have a passion for riding have become useless whiney boring as f%ck drunken BSer's. I currently plan my rides around a 20, 30, 40 year old crowd. Even some of the young crowds are more interested in turning the day into a social event instead of a good hard ride. Some of my favorite rides over the last few years have been hooking up with some young zippy looking folks in the parking lot who look as though they might be interested in a solid challenging ride. If it turns into story time and they start to bore you to the point of near death you can always bail and head to the trailer, it's kind of nice not to feel obligated to spending the day with some challenging self important drunken blowhards.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
I'm 51 and, as far as age goes, I'm in the middle of my crew. We drive 1,100 miles each way. Used to drive straight through, but have split it up into 1.5 days drive each way for several years now.

Then we typically ride 6 days straight. We sometimes haul in extra gas for the day, but almost always come back on fumes. We ride hard. We can party and drink at home. Out west, it's all about riding.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
Leave at 6am. Drive 60-90 miles. Burn a tank plus 2.5 gal. Hopefully home by dinner. If it’s a long day we might grab subway on the drive back.

stocksucks!!

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2008
fort st john b.c
www.powderking.com
2-week trip ride every day unless there is fixing to be done but even then, usually headed back up by noon. travel day is 1100km from northern B.C Canada to Sicamous B.C.
I am 38 and have been doing this trip with my father in-law Hes 62 for 14 yrs. last few years my brother in-laws have joined us they make it 3 days then the whining starts. they usually ride 1 or 2 more days then head home
we are all on newer doos. father in-law and i get new ones every year because we do this 2-week trip in Jan . we also go for 5 ride days in dec and 2 weeks in March and another 5 days in April. we put on a lot of km up in Sicamous area.

TJ427

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2012
Bismarck, ND
We are a little more crazy than most, work the day before, load up and drive/sleep all night on the way there (12-18hrs) buy passes, check into B&B, ride until 5ish. Get up early the 2nd day and hit it hard until dark.
3rd, half ride/rest. 4-5 ride normally. drive home the next morning (leave 4am)
safe/good idea? Probably not.
I like your style! We often do the same depending on the destination and snow conditions... Storms tend to be motivating and worthwhile staying up all night to get there. Usually leave from Bismarck. Let me know if you need another in your group! Had a year off so take s a bit to reestablish the list of guys so there is always someone available to head west and ride.

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
Don’t do many trips since I have so many options fairly locally. If I do go on a trip atleast one day is spent recovering from the local watering hole haha

I did 14 days straight last spring and 22 out of 30 if I remember right.

B
Aug 13, 2022
California
I use to drive way and ride 3-4 days straight between. I only get 1 maybe 2 trips a year in so I hit it as hard as I can for those days that is just it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
During snow season I am working 50 - 60 hours a week with no break so if I do get a chance to ride more days than one in a row I ride every day until something gives, whether it be me or the sled.

Premium Features