• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

upgrade rear suspension or premium shocks

TOlsen

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2008
Martin City, MT
I'm a real big guy, #285 plus pack. I ride a 2012, have the heavy spring on the rear track shock. I'm trying to smooth out the whoops from the trail head to trees. I find the ride on the trail just miserable. No complaints once off the trail, no excessive trenching, ski lift under control, happy happy. What will be the most effective way, keeping in mind cost is a factor to accomplish what I want? Raptors, exit or valve stock shock package, or maybe timbersled, kmod or other rear skid upgrade(full skid out of price range)? Just trying to get it right the first time without unnecessary waste of cash.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
There are a ton of threads on shocks in the Pro section.

I would say at your size you don't want to just do the WE revalve. I would look into the Exit, Raptors or Fox shocks to help. I have the X1's on all four and there is no bottoming out. Awesome ride. You will get an upgrade from Raptor and Fox as well. The Pro bottoms out to easily with the stock shocks. That metal on metal sound is tough.

stocksucks!!

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2008
fort st john b.c
www.powderking.com
i too am a big guy and ride real hard.
i love my suspension..
my motorcross supension guy did a complete re valve and wow night and day i will never ride any sled or dirt bike even my mountain bike without him doing a revalve.. save your money and try a revalve you will not be disapointed

M

milo303

Sep 16, 2011
Littleton
I've heard more people upgrading all around after a revalve vs being happy with the revalve....

That being said, I've got 4 Raptors and love it but I'm not 300lbs, more like 200

Premium Features