• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dobek AFR+

El Gringo

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2010
Calgary Alberta
I was wondering if anyone has tried a Dobek AFR+ on their snowbike? The reviews I have read seem positive and I like the idea of an air fuel ratio gauge as well as a controller and Dobek includes one with their kit for $399. I know there have been good reviews of the PR2 on here and I did talk to Jeff, but he wants $750 for a whole new ecu, which is nearly double what the AFR+ costs. I'm not totally convinced that I really need a whole new ecu, as my bike runs pretty well, but I do get quite a bit of gas in my oil, plus I have opened up the air box and added a straight through muffler, so really not sure how all of that will effect the fuelling. Thanks in advance!

D
Oct 6, 2012
Dobeck

I have run the Dobeck gen 4 + and thumper racing reprograed my ECU for $80.
That’s still cheaper than $750.00
Also added the 610 BB and porting
I’m very happy with the results.
Pulling an LT and 220 lb. guy + beer and gear.
Pulls an extra gear everywhere.
You don’t have to rev the piss out of these Big KTM’s

Ryanexcr

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2011
Washington State
Dobeck dissapointment

Me and 2 friends tried the Dobeck system and nothing but issues on all 3 bikes. Total waste of time and money.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
For what it's worth, I have the Dobek Gen IV with AFR on my sled.
Very happy with it.

You HAVE to learn the transition zones (with blue light) before it will work well.
To start, set EVERYTHING at zero and go from there.

B
Sep 23, 2008
Penticton BC
Started with that controller, it sucked, the other three people I know who also installed it thought it sucked, everyone went back to stock, ive ran lots of boon docker controllers on turbo sleds so i understand how to set up controllers, just install a pr2, super impressed on dirt, pretty sure snow will rock.

Premium Features