For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2018, 01:16 AM
Currently: Shamwowing
Basic Member
Norma Stitz has a reputation beyond reputeNorma Stitz has a reputation beyond reputeNorma Stitz has a reputation beyond reputeNorma Stitz has a reputation beyond reputeNorma Stitz has a reputation beyond reputeNorma Stitz has a reputation beyond reputeNorma Stitz has a reputation beyond reputeNorma Stitz has a reputation beyond reputeNorma Stitz has a reputation beyond reputeNorma Stitz has a reputation beyond reputeNorma Stitz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dreaded crust + yeti ski

Finally experienced the yeti ski crust snow combo that I’d heard about and yes it sucks! All last year even in crusty conditions it did great, but today was gross. Bike was riding me not me riding it. It would basically track straight at random and unexpected times. It would also take a lot of effort to push into a turn, would not hold a line.

Was wondering if any fixes were out for this yet? I like the ski most other times, but today the TS and the mototrax were running circles around me and I was nearly relegated to spectator mode.

One thing I noticed is the side steel runners are placed pretty far back behind the spindle, which seemed like might cause this type of handling. Has anyone moved them forward?

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-23-2018, 08:53 AM
Currently: Living life
mikew5945 has a reputation beyond reputemikew5945 has a reputation beyond reputemikew5945 has a reputation beyond reputemikew5945 has a reputation beyond reputemikew5945 has a reputation beyond reputemikew5945 has a reputation beyond reputemikew5945 has a reputation beyond reputemikew5945 has a reputation beyond reputemikew5945 has a reputation beyond reputemikew5945 has a reputation beyond reputemikew5945 has a reputation beyond repute

The CMX spindle takes some of that out. The prototype CMX ski got rid of the rest. Skis are coming next month, hopefully. The Yeti spindle has too much twisting flex.

A good friend will bail you out of jail. No questions asked.
A true friend will say "What an awsome ride" as he sits next to you in jail.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-23-2018, 09:55 AM
Basic Member
Norma Stitz has a reputation beyond reputeNorma Stitz has a reputation beyond reputeNorma Stitz has a reputation beyond reputeNorma Stitz has a reputation beyond reputeNorma Stitz has a reputation beyond reputeNorma Stitz has a reputation beyond reputeNorma Stitz has a reputation beyond reputeNorma Stitz has a reputation beyond reputeNorma Stitz has a reputation beyond reputeNorma Stitz has a reputation beyond reputeNorma Stitz has a reputation beyond repute

I’m tempted to try it. ALso, I don’t use the yeti spindle, I’m using the mototrax spindle which may also have too much flex.

Any pricing on cmx ski available yet?

Last edited by Norma Stitz; 12-23-2018 at 10:22 AM.

Old 12-23-2018, 10:59 AM
Currently: Not set.
byeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norma Stitz View Post
Finally experienced the yeti ski crust snow combo that I’d heard about and yes it sucks! All last year even in crusty conditions it did great, but today was gross. Bike was riding me not me riding it. It would basically track straight at random and unexpected times. It would also take a lot of effort to push into a turn, would not hold a line.

Was wondering if any fixes were out for this yet? I like the ski most other times, but today the TS and the mototrax were running circles around me and I was nearly relegated to spectator mode.

One thing I noticed is the side steel runners are placed pretty far back behind the spindle, which seemed like might cause this type of handling. Has anyone moved them forward?
Yeti has had 4 different ski runner configurations since 2017, I have them all,. The 19 works soo good even in crust , bar feedback is minimized to a fraction of the 18 skis. Worth the 19 update.

The Following User Says Thank You to byeatts For This Useful Post:
Sheetmetalfab (12-23-2018)
Old 12-23-2018, 12:53 PM
Currently: Working and wishing i was riding Rocket 2.0
Thanked 1,527 Times in 964 Posts
Sheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by byeatts View Post
Yeti has had 4 different ski runner configurations since 2017, I have them all,. The 19 works soo good even in crust , bar feedback is minimized to a fraction of the 18 skis. Worth the 19 update.
Is the 19 ski still cracking like the 18’s?

Old 12-23-2018, 03:03 PM
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by byeatts View Post
Hmm I wonder which one I have. Could you describe what changed on the 19 version? Thanks for the input.

My shoulders are sore today from the pushing on the bars to try to get it to turn. At the end i couldn’t side hill at all and had to climb straight up and then turn and go down at and angle instead. It was weird.

There’s a lot that can be improved on these things. It will be great to see what happens over the next few years.

Last edited by Norma Stitz; 12-23-2018 at 03:10 PM.

Old 12-23-2018, 03:17 PM
Currently: Snowbiking Wyoming
Basic Member
eric82930 has a reputation beyond reputeeric82930 has a reputation beyond reputeeric82930 has a reputation beyond reputeeric82930 has a reputation beyond reputeeric82930 has a reputation beyond reputeeric82930 has a reputation beyond reputeeric82930 has a reputation beyond reputeeric82930 has a reputation beyond reputeeric82930 has a reputation beyond reputeeric82930 has a reputation beyond reputeeric82930 has a reputation beyond repute

I believe the problem is the curved parabolic side keels. I trimmed the front of the side keels off and it helped a bunch but then the ski cracked because I made a weak ski even weaker. The new cmx has straight side keels. If you have the mtx spindle try ordering a set of c plates. It will add more trail and possibly help. I wouldn't risk buying any new yeti ski until they get rid of the curved sides it's ruined too many rides for me.

Last edited by eric82930; 12-23-2018 at 03:34 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to eric82930 For This Useful Post:
Sheetmetalfab (12-23-2018)
Old 12-23-2018, 03:20 PM
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew5945 View Post
The CMX spindle takes some of that out. The prototype CMX ski got rid of the rest. Skis are coming next month, hopefully. The Yeti spindle has too much twisting flex.
Can you confirm wether or not the cmx ski has side cut or not?

Never mind Eric just confirmed it above lol. Thx.

Old 12-23-2018, 03:23 PM
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric82930 View Post
I believe the problem is the curved parabolic side keels. I trimmed the front of the side keels off and it helped a bunch but then the ski cracked because I made a weak ski even weaker. The new cmx has straight side keels. If you have the mtx spindle try ordering a set of c plates. It will add more trail and possibly help. I wouldn't risk buying any new yeti ski until they get rid of the curved sides.
Yes I struggle to understand why a parabolic side cut would be good and in fact I think that this also sucks power out of the engine by increased drag as well.

For the plates I re drilled the hole which swung the spindle back quite a bit, so I think I’m good there. I also added the stiffener tubes that tie the plates together but I don’t think those do much.

Old 12-23-2018, 04:36 PM
Currently: Ripping whenever I can...
Basic Member
Timberview01 has a reputation beyond reputeTimberview01 has a reputation beyond reputeTimberview01 has a reputation beyond reputeTimberview01 has a reputation beyond reputeTimberview01 has a reputation beyond reputeTimberview01 has a reputation beyond reputeTimberview01 has a reputation beyond reputeTimberview01 has a reputation beyond reputeTimberview01 has a reputation beyond reputeTimberview01 has a reputation beyond reputeTimberview01 has a reputation beyond repute
Old 12-23-2018, 05:24 PM
Currently: Living life
mikew5945 has a reputation beyond reputemikew5945 has a reputation beyond reputemikew5945 has a reputation beyond reputemikew5945 has a reputation beyond reputemikew5945 has a reputation beyond reputemikew5945 has a reputation beyond reputemikew5945 has a reputation beyond reputemikew5945 has a reputation beyond reputemikew5945 has a reputation beyond reputemikew5945 has a reputation beyond reputemikew5945 has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 12-23-2018, 06:26 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 12-24-2018, 03:12 PM
Currently: livin' the dream!, but needin' to ride!
chumbilly1 has a reputation beyond reputechumbilly1 has a reputation beyond reputechumbilly1 has a reputation beyond reputechumbilly1 has a reputation beyond reputechumbilly1 has a reputation beyond reputechumbilly1 has a reputation beyond reputechumbilly1 has a reputation beyond reputechumbilly1 has a reputation beyond reputechumbilly1 has a reputation beyond reputechumbilly1 has a reputation beyond reputechumbilly1 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to chumbilly1 For This Useful Post:
Sheetmetalfab (12-24-2018)
Old 12-24-2018, 08:27 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Norma Stitz For This Useful Post:
KAWGRN (12-28-2018), powdermuncher (12-25-2018)
Old 12-28-2018, 06:27 AM
Currently: gone riding
KAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-28-2018, 10:01 AM
byeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-28-2018, 12:24 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 12-28-2018, 12:41 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Norma Stitz For This Useful Post:
Sheetmetalfab (12-28-2018)
Old 12-28-2018, 01:15 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 12-28-2018, 01:57 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 12-28-2018, 02:39 PM
Currently: Working and wishing i was riding Rocket 2.0
Thanked 1,527 Times in 964 Posts
Sheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-28-2018, 02:41 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Norma Stitz For This Useful Post:
Sheetmetalfab (12-29-2018)
Old 12-28-2018, 08:48 PM

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to byeatts For This Useful Post:
Sheetmetalfab (12-29-2018)
Old 12-30-2018, 07:13 PM
Basic Member
SnowSkull has a reputation beyond reputeSnowSkull has a reputation beyond reputeSnowSkull has a reputation beyond reputeSnowSkull has a reputation beyond reputeSnowSkull has a reputation beyond reputeSnowSkull has a reputation beyond reputeSnowSkull has a reputation beyond reputeSnowSkull has a reputation beyond reputeSnowSkull has a reputation beyond reputeSnowSkull has a reputation beyond reputeSnowSkull has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 01-02-2019, 12:49 PM
Currently: gone riding
KAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to KAWGRN For This Useful Post:
steve250f@hotmail.com (01-15-2019)