• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IBackshift clutch tools.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
Well I got my 2024 Summit X in the garage for it’s upgrades. The Gen5 clutch needed a new clutch holder so I try Joey’s clutch holder and his clutch fixture tool for my iBackshift clutch kit install. Not only does it hold the clutch for you to work on, but it is also the spring compressor to take the clutch apart. You will still need to get the circlip remover or make your own like I did. It was a lot handier for working on the clutch than I expected! I use to wrestle the clutch on the bench, and compress the hub with threaded rod. Well thous days are over. If you are going to work on your clutch yourself I highly recommend checking them out!
CD0C98CE-99E1-4459-89EE-BDF9C0B38C20.jpeg

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
I use BRP original tools, they are good quality and not that expensive either.
BRP Canada clutch holder $85.99, weight 0.94 kg [2.07 pounds]
ibackshift clutch holder $92 Cad, $82 w/kit or tool bundle discount. weight 0.49 kg [1.08 pounds] I made it aluminum on purpose for 2 reasons, 1] i like aluminum and 2] cheaper shipping for customer. [2 piece laid on top of each other, fits in compact economical ship package]

BRP Canada QRS helix change tool @ $158.99 CAD, weight 0.79kg [2.02 pounds]
ibackshift QRS helix change tool $86 CAD, weight 0.39kg [0.86 pounds] I made it aluminum on purpose for 3 reasons, 1] i like aluminum and 2] some people said aluminum wont work, its too thin, [wont work eh?, ya, hold my beer] and 3] cheaper shipping for customer.

The "Fixture", the idea came from Yvon in the race department. He made 11 of them from bent steel plates some welding and steel rod. [holy...:oops:] you could hang a truck from it. I asked for one and Danny said "Yvon's not making anymore", take some pictures and make your own" hahaha. I made 3 versions out of square tube, then bent this 3rd version out of alum angle and cnc'd pvc.

Some people buy ibackshfit tools because they want something different.

Premium Features