• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Aftermarket Can

Radar78

Lifetime Membership
Aug 20, 2010
Dundurn Sask. Canada
I’m looking to put a can on my ‘19 Alpha. I’m mainly looking for weight saving. Also important that it’s not obnoxiously loud and doesn’t affect the sleds performance at all. What do you guys recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
Diamond S ti can is exactly what you're looking for. I have one on my 21 Alpha. Only weighs 4 lbs. Not loud, close to stock sound levels but more of a "tin" tone. A bit spendy, but quality built. Over 3 seasons with no issues

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
I am running a Jaws trail can no runability issues decent for noise a bit louder than stock. Just make sure you don't get the rowdy or race ones they are way too loud at least for me. Decent price and made in Canada well kinda they made in the Ottawa area. LOL I also have an SLP on my old M1K it is stock sound but doesn't have the same weight savings.

Radar78

Lifetime Membership
Aug 20, 2010
Dundurn Sask. Canada
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Keep it coming. Nobody has had any engine performance issues with any of the cans mentioned so far? That’s very important to me. Anyone have any experience with GGB? There’s a very lightly used one here for sale locally.

A

akdanno

Feb 22, 2022
Alaska
You'll likely see a performance loss with ggb, but they are cheap. I'm running the Jaws race can, and it's louder than stock but more than tolerable. Performance seems great, 1200 miles

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
Diamond S ti can is exactly what you're looking for. I have one on my 21 Alpha. Only weighs 4 lbs. Not loud, close to stock sound levels but more of a "tin" tone. A bit spendy, but quality built. Over 3 seasons with no issues
I have one as well and highly recommend the Diamond S Ti can. It's quiet enough that most people don't even realize that my sled has a can.

I've tried various cans over the years on different sleds, some of which I pulled back off after one ride. In that case it was pretty much a waste of money as I had to sell it for penny's on the dollar and chalked it up as a learning experience.

Diamond S cans are indeed expensive. But after owning one, I won't buy anything else.

Last edited:

Radar78

Lifetime Membership
Aug 20, 2010
Dundurn Sask. Canada
I would love to get into a Diamond S can but unfortunately they’re a little pricey for me. At $692 USD by the time I got one up here to Canada with the exchange rate and shipping it would be approaching $1000. Likely worth the money though. They look very well built.

I think maybe I’ll look into a Jaws.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I have been running a GGB trail on my Alpha for 4 years now- and probably sold over 100 for the Alpha CTech
The mountain can yeah is pretty loud-but greatest weight savings- and why I really seen a lot of the trail cans go out the door. a lot less loud but good rumble with a good weight loss.

Those that say there is a power loss are really full of it -and don't have a clue!!!... Sure GGB is less expensive but by no means cheaper-and no reason to have a flashy can any longer-
We don't have the option to just open the hood and have the BLING option, and nobody really cares anymore....

Last edited:
K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
It's not about "being flashy" , it's about weight and SOUND LEVELS. Those GGB cans might have a rumble at idle but are loud under acceleration. People who don't give two sh*ts about noise, run them. Those who do, remove them after a couple rides and put them up for sale. Cheap loud cans!

beerios5

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2013
east kootney
I have the SSI on mine, runs great and not too loud and there was a guy in the Edmonton area set up as a dealer when I bought mine a few years ago.

Last edited:

Clark42

Lifetime Membership
Jun 3, 2016
Washington
I have an SLP on one sled, and GGB quiet version on the other. Pretty much the same noise level. GGB does stick out further from the belly pan and can cause powder bog while parked in the right conditions. I would have no qualms buying either one again

I dont think people realize ggb has three versions; mountain, trail, quiet. I think my ggb might actually be quieter than the slp

G
Nov 24, 2008
SK, Canada
My vote is for the MBRP stainless trail can. Had a GGB trail for a few years and it ran fine, it just seemed to be getting louder and a bit of a drone. The stainless MBRP trail can was inexpensive, looks great, and sounds quiet at WOT....almost wish it was a bit louder haha

Premium Features