• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rumors on 2011 Sled

kuehl47

Premium Member
Sep 12, 2008
Anybody here anything yet on what the 2011 sleds are going be like, what there going look like. I heard from my dealer maybe there talking a new chassis. Anyone here anything.

R
Aug 30, 2008
Rocky Mountians
I doubt with all the changes this year, theres going to be alot next.

I would like to see that ZR1 4 stroke turbo motor in a M style chassis, npt sure I will hold my breath.

Truth is when a company retools and updates is production, it usally takes two years to pay it off (Or at least pay them).

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
I would like to think we would see at least limited builds of the new chassis, but I think a lot depends on having the capital to change over the lines and tool everything up. The current M series/ XF chassis is getting a little long in the tooth but is still rock solid and IMHO the best MTN chassis on the snow.

Like I said earlier, I think Limited builds in trail form and "Possibly" a limited build for a XF/M chassis. I actually want them to come out with a more powerful and cleaner burning 600 sled. The wife's M6 is nice, but that little mill needs a few more HP and needs to drink less fuel. I would love to see some sort of Etec competition from Cat.

C
I heard if it did happen it may look like the new Sno-Pro 500 cept' with the long track and the ballistic 800HO.....Just sayin'!
ACsnopro500_action_air.jpg

H

HiWaYman92

Dec 14, 2008
Pinedale, Wyoming
Buzz sounds like the Sno Pro chassis with a long track... AMP is limiting production on some parts because they feel that everything is going to change next year. Also heard today that Boondocker now made their tunnel dump exhaust quiet enough for Cat's standards, so maybe they will finally sell a Turbo'd M??? All speculation between me, the net, and my Cat dealer.

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
HahahahaHAHAHAHa!!! WOW! Let's see it's December and the 2010's are just getting on the snow. Season is just beginning. It's waaaaaaaaay to early to start talking about 2011. No one will know untill march/april. Speculate all you want whatever floats your boat. Sorry I just find this ridiculous. I'm gonna say a 400hp turbo stock from factory. Anyone can guess right? Hah wow

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
bfd

new snopro chassis gonna be any improvment over the M in current form? i dont see it.. much different yes ,, much better ,, i doubt

L

luv2sledmt

Dec 15, 2008
C. Falls, MT
I think the M chassis is the best mountain chassis on the snow, IMO. Dont fix whats not broke, but a little tweeking never hurts.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Talked to Kirk Hibbert at the end of last season and the Sno Pro chassis would have to have major changes to work for the mountains. The tunnel is too deep and the foothold area is too low for mtn use. Works awesome for track and trail, but would need reworked for snoWESTers. I think there will be some big chassis changes, but maybe not a sno pro replica;)

J
Jan 18, 2009
Sudbury, ON
Do a search, the 800 motor won't fit in the chassis. They would have to completely re-design the bulkhead and tunnel to fit the motor in, which would defeat the purpose of using the SnoPro chassis. It would be cool if they could do it but I really don't think it would be that great in really deep snow. Drive one, they are really cool sleds but certainly not fit for the mountains.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Cat also came out and said that the sno pro chassis will never be a full on production sled because it takes a lot of time and effort to build the sleds. Much more than say an F, crossfire, or m. That is why the little 500 sno pro costs so much, it takes a lot of individual effort to put the things together.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
so you really think they spent all the money to design the 500 just to sell it as a novelty? people said the f7 would never be a mountain sled, track and tunnel too narrow,ect. and look what a little tweaking did.

J
Jan 18, 2009
Sudbury, ON
There is no room for a bigger motor. It would certainly be cool but I really doubt we will ever see it. The f7 sucks with a long track and is much different than the m series sleds.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Im just saying that cat came out and said it wasnt going to happen, but that may be the sno pro in its current form. Maybe they will tweak it a bit to make it more production friendly with a bit more room for oil injection on the bigger motors.

Premium Features