• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Paint codes

L
Nov 26, 2007
Grand Forks BC Canada
I think the dealers only carry the paint for a couple of years when the sleds are newer, after that they are discontinued. You could try to get your local body shop to mix some, or you could do some creative touch up with decals or air brush. I did some airbrush over cracks on my PS;
(pic).

100lGas.jpg

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
Powder Special Paint

Sturdevants auto supply has a paint book which has various auto paints with paint chips with a hole in them so it can be layed on the item you are trying to match. They may not have the exact match but you may get very close. When you find the match they will order the paint mixed and it will come in a standard size spray paint can. I used it to repaint a hood vent on a 1980 Yamaha Enticer (see my garage for a picture). The can of paint costs approx. $20. Other auto suppliers may have a similar system. You may have to bring the hood in as I doubt they will let the paint color book out of the store. Check your match in both indoor and outdoor lighting if possible. If you find a match let me know I have some touchups needed on my 97 Powder Special.

Premium Features