• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M6000

S

Skyd Ram

Have about 150 miles on the 6000. Oil consumption is something. After about 75 miles, my 8 used 21 oz and the 6 used 5 oz. If that continues I wont have to buy much of Cats high priced stuff. Mostly trail riding got 10.7mpg on 8 and 11.7 on 6 so will see if that changes as they loosen up.

I'm pretty sure that the computer is setup to run rich on fuel and possibly oil for the first 250 miles for break in.

I'm staying tuned to this thread as I think that I am going to pick up an M6000 next week. If I end up finding it underpowered for me it looks like the wife just got a new sled.:present:

F

Farmbuilt800

Oct 28, 2010
Morgan, Utah
I beleive thats how all the cats are. I know my 13 m800 is. At least that is what tye dealer told me is 250 miles and it will really break loose.

Jan 22, 2014
Sask. Canada
Good to hear that they are happy with the new motor!

I'm hoping to pick up a new sled next week (fingers crossed) and I'm torn between the M6000 and the Pro RMK 600. I really like the Cat for its features but the Poo 600 motor is darn near bullet proof while Cat's motor is so new that a local dealer wasn't aware of a mountain 600 for '14! Another thing is the that the Cat is $1k more than the Poo. I'm coming off an old Yamaha so I really have no bias towards one or the other but I do feel that the Pro RMK belt drive could be a problem for me when playing hard and not in deep powder.
Doesn't help that the Poo is in my city while the Cat would be 6 hour round trip. Have also never had a chance to ride a Cat.

Decisions decisions.

C

cowkiller

Nov 26, 2007
Eugene Or.
Good to hear that they are happy with the new motor!

I'm hoping to pick up a new sled next week (fingers crossed) and I'm torn between the M6000 and the Pro RMK 600. I really like the Cat for its features but the Poo 600 motor is darn near bullet proof while Cat's motor is so new that a local dealer wasn't aware of a mountain 600 for '14!
Decisions decisions.

I had to make this difficult decision myself just recently. I ended up buying the cat. there are quite a few more features that I like about the cat over the Polaris.
I was able to get the price down (by buying 2 sleds) to where they were hundreds apart not 1000s.
The local dealer is a big deal, sounds like this Cat dealer is not paying much attention to what is going on... That could be a deal breaker for me.
I got 4 yrs. of warranty and I would have done that with either brand. So the new motor thing is not as scary.
I am very happy with my decision except we have no snow to be 100% sure.
Good Luck with your new sled.

C
Jan 18, 2011
I got some seat time yesterday on a M6000 and loved it would be a great sled for the veterans and beginners alike awesome power for a 600. I ride with several people riding the Pro 600 and they have no problems and we ride in SW Montana. I just bout a 14 M8, and may have considered the 6000 if it was available. I think we will see a lot of these out there in the future.

C

cowkiller

Nov 26, 2007
Eugene Or.
We put 175 mi. on the 6000 last weekend. great break in snow. Not deep
mostly a trail ride but the sled is awesome. It is perfect for it's intended purpose. Plenty of power, great on Oil and noticeably better fuel economy.
My wife is very Happy with her new sled. The track is great, new skis are on order. (powderhounds) the confidence factor for her is worth the cost of admission.

Premium Features