• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Please help me understand better all these Polaris Belts

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Ok, so I go on the Polaris website to try to figure out the right belts for my sleds and my Dad's sleds. Here is what I find:

2012 600 RMK 144 Belt: 3211115
2017 & 2018 600 RMK 144 Belt: 3211165
2018 800 RMK 155 Belt: 3211183
2020 600 RMK 155 Belt: 3211216

Is there anybody out there who can help me understand what the difference is between these models of belts and why one is appropriate for 1 sled vs. another?

We both go to various dealers around the valley and seem to get told a different answer by every dealer as to what the correct belts are for each individual machine. The above is what the Polaris website tells me, but why should I trust that more than a dealer parts fiche?

No idea here. Would love to learn.

Thanks

A

Alaskanparret

Nov 25, 2011
If I remember correctly the 115, 183, and 216 are all the same length just different compounds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
If I remember correctly the 115, 183, and 216 are all the same length just different compounds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks. I assume the 165 is in there as well at the same length right?

Anybody have any further information on how the compounds are different?

Bushwacker1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Wisconsin
Here is some Drive belt info I have compiled, First two are from Polaris acc catalogs. Second two is combined info from several sources. I have the handwritten info separated by the clutch centerline to centerline so if you find your sleds stock belt this will give you the other belts that will fit that CL to CL. There are different width belts so spider shimming would be required if you chose a different width belt. There were also a few different side cut angles but I do not know if that is all that important. One of the other sheets defines the compound designation on the bottom of the sheet.

Attachments

• Polaris drive belt chart #1.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 66
  • Polaris drive belt chart #2.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 51
  • Polaris drive belt Info pg 1.pdf
    932.2 KB · Views: 46
  • polaris drive belt info pg 2.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Here is some Drive belt info I have compiled, First two are from Polaris acc catalogs. Second two is combined info from several sources. I have the handwritten info separated by the clutch centerline to centerline so if you find your sleds stock belt this will give you the other belts that will fit that CL to CL. There are different width belts so spider shimming would be required if you chose a different width belt. There were also a few different side cut angles but I do not know if that is all that important. One of the other sheets defines the compound designation on the bottom of the sheet.
That's awesome. Thanks for the info.

So is the 165 just like the red headed step-child? Nobody seems to pay attention to it.

Bushwacker1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Wisconsin
1165 Is a PBO belt, now used on 600 and 650 cc sleds. The other ones designated for the 850 are just more durable when the higher HP is applied. The interesting thing is that back in 2013 the 1115 belt (different length) was the standard belt for an 800 cc sled and it is also the PBO type compound.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
1165 Is a PBO belt, now used on 600 and 650 cc sleds. The other ones designated for the 850 are just more durable when the higher HP is applied. The interesting thing is that back in 2013 the 1115 belt (different length) was the standard belt for an 800 cc sled and it is also the PBO type compound.
Thanks for the help Bushwacker. So...maybe you will be willing to help me understand the difference between PBO, HMCB, Kevlar etc.?

Bushwacker1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Wisconsin
Bottom of this chart gives some info on the compounds. You can also look at the price of the belts, the more expensive ones of the same center to center distance will be a more durable compound that will handle higher HP better. As the compound gets stronger, they usually require a heavier weight to maintain the correct operating RPM.

Attachments

• Polaris drive belt chart #2.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 44

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Bottom of this chart gives some info on the compounds. You can also look at the price of the belts, the more expensive ones of the same center to center distance will be a more durable compound that will handle higher HP better. As the compound gets stronger, they usually require a heavier weight to maintain the correct operating RPM.
Thanks, that's helpful.

Premium Features