• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ladies boots?

G
Nov 28, 2007
St. Maries, Id.
Ok Ladies, I need some advice. Looking for a good ladies boot for a new rider. Any input would be great. Did a few searches and still not much info. I personally wear Klim boots and have had great luck with them. She wore Sorels last year, but they don't have alot of ankle support. Thanks in advance.

M

mtnjunkie

Mar 2, 2008
Lots of people seem to like Klim, I've never tried them. I use my snowboard boots-made by Roxy. They are warm (more than most I've tried), and have lots of support. I like the stiff feel, some people might not. I'm not sure about the slight forward angle it puts your calves at, I don't have a problem with it. Some people like straighter boots. Plus there are lots of womens snowboard boots available at a much lower cost than sledding gear.

They have held up great, especially with kicking the boards constantly and beating them up. I've worn them for 2 years and they will last at least that much longer. The bottoms are barely worn at all. I have an ankle that gives me problems after tearing a ligament. In snowboard boots I don't have to worry about moving it wrong or hurting it. They don't give me the chance to hurt it.

M
Nov 15, 2009
Twin Lakes, Idaho
Klims for sure. I wore Sorels for years and always had to wear thick socks to keep my feet worm. Finally got a pair of Klims along with the Klim socks and have never looked back. Totally worth the $. If you don't want the Klim, look at HMK. They have some really great product out!

Good luck :eek:

G
Nov 28, 2007
St. Maries, Id.
Thanks for the replies ladies. I just want something thats comfortable, warm, and dry for her. Like I said I wear Klim boots, just not sure if thats the best for her or not. Fit wise that is.

T
Dec 20, 2008
Radium, BC
LOVE my Klim adrenalines. Size 5 mens fits me good, I wear a 61/2-7 ladies. The HMK boots are nice too, friends have them and like them. Like you said, they gotta fit right, but definitely won't be disappointed in the Klim as you know - if they fit. :D

S
Dec 5, 2007
I wear the ru outside boots with the removable liners (sz 6....I wear a ladies 7).

Tried the klims but they we just not as comfy as the ru outside boots for my feet. I have slim feet and really high arches. I wear one pair of socks. My feet always get cold but I don't have much of a problem with these boots.

You can also get extra liners to switch out if you get them wet. Only time I used them was when I wore pants without gaters and filled the boots with snow.

I
Mar 26, 2008
Proctor MN
I have Rocky 1500 gram boots and love them. My feet have never been cold and they wick away moisture fast. They have a lot of support, but not the stiffness of a snowboard boot. I have always thought that I would get the Klim boots since I have everything else Klim, but decided to wait till the Rockys wear out. I have been riding with them for four years and never gotten wet or cold. I love them and they run around $90-100 for a pair, I got mine at Gander Mtn. Hope this is helpful!

A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com
I wear bunny boots (black) and my feet have never gotten cold in them, the only draw back is that they are a bit heavy. I got my daughter the womens Klim and she loves them. She's been wearing them for 2 years now and n o complaints. Once my bunnies die I too will most likely go with Klim. :)

O

Oregongirl

Jul 25, 2002
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
I wore Sorels, then RU Outsides, and finally I'm in the 2010 Klim Adrenalines. By far, the Klim's are the warmest boots I've ever worn. They offer great support in the arch and the ankle. I ended up with an injury to my arch after a hard day of riding in my RU Outsides and the soles got severely worn from my running boards.

W

Wish

Apr 30, 2002
Tri Cities, WA
www.staceysdesign.com
I'm going to be the oddball here ;) I've got HMK's, and I'm very happy with them...the only complaint I have is how stiff they are. I've had them for several years now and they have held up really well :D

I would say Klim or HMK and you won't go wrong :D

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Megan will be replacing her Klim Adrenalin's with these HMK Voyager's this season. I have the two sitting side by side and there are very little if any differences. The Klim's have a mesh sidewall that gets a bit frayed and the HMK Voyager's don't. They look like they were made at the same foreign factory with just slightly different material spec's. The soles of the Voyager's are slightly less aggressive.
VOYAGER_MEN_LG.jpg

She likes the look of the HMK better because it doesn't have that "ugly" sorry Klim guys..it is a direct quote Yellow. Fit and feel is identical.

Now also note..HMK is an aggressive and huge supporter of Pink Ribbon Riders awareness for the fight against breast cancer. A dedicated snowmobile apparel company that is doing things the right way. I know they would appreciate all of your support!

I wore Sorels, then RU Outsides, and finally I'm in the 2010 Klim Adrenalines. By far, the Klim's are the warmest boots I've ever worn. They offer great support in the arch and the ankle. I ended up with an injury to my arch after a hard day of riding in my RU Outsides and the soles got severely worn from my running boards.

Exact same here. My RU Outside boots were great until they started to leak last year. Wanted to try the HMK voyager but, couldn't find anyplace to check them out. Two rides on the new Kim Adrenalines and so far they are awesome.

C
Nov 14, 2008
Wyoming
Klim boots

I ride in Klim and love the way they fit my foot. I also like the stiffness and the ankle support - which saved me from a potentially BAD break last season when my foot got caught in the machine after finding an unexpected terrain change in a white-out.

I would definitely look at HMK too, but love my Klim.

G
Nov 28, 2007
St. Maries, Id.
Thanks for all the suggestions and opinions everyone. How about boot sizing? I know on my Klim boots I have to get a size larger since they seem to run small. The adrenalin's don't seem to be as bad as my radium's were. Never had HMK's so I'm completely in the dark on them. I was going to do this as a x-mas gift, but may need to just bite the bullet and take her shopping:eek:

F-Bomb-I was told the yellow brings out the color of my eyes:D

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
On the Voyager's you get actual foot size. They feel pretty comfy right out of the box. Anxious to ride them..have pro boa focus as well and they are sweet riding boots but some people like the hike/ride combo style better then the full out stiff ride only boots like the Focus.

click on the link for HMK and check them out...cool stuff..great quality..great company!

girlpowder

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2009
Utah, land of the FLUFF!!!
Last year I rode with HMK's. My feet stayed totally warm but were always wet. The HMK Highmark pro are the style I had and they felt like a wakeboard boot. It took a while to get used to that feel. Great support though. I had some problems with my foot getting stuck in the foot wells. That was another downfall.

This year I have the Klim Adrenaline's and two rides so far. Much easier to walk in and the ankle support is great. Not as bulky, so no problems with my foot getting stuck. My feet have not got cold or wet.:D I think this boot is going to ROCK!!! The only complaint I have this year is that I don't match. 1/2 HMK and 1/2 Klim.:rolleyes: G

Premium Features