• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

buddy just got a call from brp... no x for him

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
talked with a buddy today and he received a call about his spring sled not comming in from large spring order, said they do not have the motors or parts to make them all, spring order was that big....

is this bull sh!t story or is there truth to it!!

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
talked with a buddy today and he received a call about his spring sled not comming in from large spring order, said they do not have the motors or parts to make them all, spring order was that big....

is this bull sh!t story or is there truth to it!!

It is "reported" elsewhere on the net that BRP canceled 40 spring order X Etecs.

I still don't have my sled, and a dealer in Wyoming is advertising he has X's on his floor for sale?

I have no idea what the truth is? Rumors and more rumors.

fourthmeal

Administrator
Sep 11, 2008
Idaho
www.snowest.com
http://www.snowest.com/snowmobile-news/display.cfm?ID=2563

October 27, 2010
Not Enough Ski-Doo 800 E-Tecs To Go Around

We heard a rumor a week or so ago that a handful of snowmobilers who had bought a Ski-Doo with the 800R E-Tec engine during Ski-Doo’s spring-only program (Spring Break) won’t be able to get the sled with that engine.

Apparently there aren’t enough Ski-Doos with that engine to go around.

We asked Ski-Doo about the situation and here is the company’s official response.

“The demand for E-Tec 800R-powered snowmobiles far exceeded our expectations and our capacity for 2011 model year. We had to cut many orders, including 40 Spring Break orders, because of this. Those 40 customers are being looked after with red carpet treatment to try and resolve their orders and satisfy them. We are committed to taking care of our best customers now and in the future, as we continue to improve our processes.”

X

xteam

Dec 2, 2007
i wish i was one of those 40 the pull you would have on next years models would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
If true, I am at a loss to explain why BRP would do such a stupid thing. Cancel 40 spring orders, yet put those motors in the non-X sleds for the dealer to put on the floor? That makes no sense, their must be something else to explain it? Shrug........

On a side note, I have heard (unsubstantiated) that the supposed "red carpet treatment" is an offer to knock off $2000 on the Ptek.

Last edited:

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I don't know what the truth is, but I would highly doubt BRP would have trouble coming up with 40 more engines....it may take a little longer, but 40 is a pretty small number of engines to NOT be able to get and have to come up with some program that will cost BRP alot more $$ and time....not to mention customer satisfaction.
There are dealers out there with extra snochecks from people backing out etc....all they have to do is coordinate with their dealers and I bet there is already 40 unsold X's out there. Or maybe I'm thinking crazy again. :face-icon-small-con

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
I don't know what the truth is, but I would highly doubt BRP would have trouble coming up with 40 more engines....it may take a little longer, but 40 is a pretty small number of engines to NOT be able to get and have to come up with some program that will cost BRP alot more $$ and time....not to mention customer satisfaction.
There are dealers out there with extra snochecks from people backing out etc....all they have to do is coordinate with their dealers and I bet there is already 40 unsold X's out there. Or maybe I'm thinking crazy again. :face-icon-small-con

I heard they already yanked the dealers non presold X's and feerides in addition will only provide the Everest model in a carbed version. Just saying cause it's epic!

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
I heard they already yanked the dealers non presold X's and feerides in addition will only provide the Everest model in a carbed version. Just saying cause it's epic!

Nope, at least 2 dealers here in the west (1 oregon, 1 Wyoming) are advertising 2011 Etec 800X's 163 on the floor for sale! I still don't have my sled?

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
Nope, at least 2 dealers here in the west (1 oregon, 1 Wyoming) are advertising 2011 Etec 800X's 163 on the floor for sale! I still don't have my sled?

What I meant to say was the ones that have not shipped were yanked.

B

badass1000

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
I am not 100%, but believe the way it works is the dealer snowchecks the etec and puts it under some ones name. A employee, friend, relative, etc... So the sled is purchased by the dealer as a snowcheck and then the dealer sells it. Snowcheck sleds can only be purchased on a snowcheck. So now the dealer has some etecs for sale and can sale them for a premium.
The dealer can get it in the end some times by snowchecking a x model. if their are current promotions at the end of the year. $1000 rebate from brp, extended warranty, etc.. The snowchecked x model does not qualify because according to brp it was "sold" as a snowcheck.

W
Oct 29, 2001
Spokane
I am not 100%, but believe the way it works is the dealer snowchecks the etec and puts it under some ones name. A employee, friend, relative, etc... So the sled is purchased by the dealer as a snowcheck and then the dealer sells it. Snowcheck sleds can only be purchased on a snowcheck. So now the dealer has some etecs for sale and can sale them for a premium.
The dealer can get it in the end some times by snowchecking a x model. if their are current promotions at the end of the year. $1000 rebate from brp, extended warranty, etc.. The snowchecked x model does not qualify because according to brp it was "sold" as a snowcheck.

Correct. Its the only way a dealer can hope to make a reasonable profit on a snowmobile.

It may not seem like a big deal to come up with 40 motors but due to the economic environment parts are becoming increasingly scarce. Vendors have cut inventory and it can take months to replenish. The phrase "back order" is being used a lot.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Correct. Its the only way a dealer can hope to make a reasonable profit on a snowmobile.

It may not seem like a big deal to come up with 40 motors but due to the economic environment parts are becoming increasingly scarce. Vendors have cut inventory and it can take months to replenish. The phrase "back order" is being used a lot.

Still a very chitty and low class thing to do. If I knew a dealer doing that I'd drop them and then do what I could to burn em.

This economy is bad enough so they have to resort to fawking people? Just Wrong!

B

bikerjustin

Apr 14, 2008
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Still a very chitty and low class thing to do. If I knew a dealer doing that I'd drop them and then do what I could to burn em.

This economy is bad enough so they have to resort to fawking people? Just Wrong!

What is wrong with a dealer checking some X models for the floor? It's a better sled and there will be plenty of buyers with money looking for 2011 sleds that did not spring order.

R
Dec 1, 2007
Marysville, WA
e tech

I just made the switch to Doo this year and am now wondering about warranty issues on the motor. I bought a p-tek but how are all these people gonna feel when they blow up an e tech and cant get it replaced because of inventory issues. Thats alot of money to spend to NOT have a warranty over poor planning. I sure hope the motors are dependable or there may be alot of e tech sleds with p-tek motors before the season ends.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
for 15k ill find you new one.they are harder to find than the dragons were.these rare sleds might even go up in value even after you ride it all winter.

Premium Features