• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rear skid set up for tree riding

Duramax325

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2011
Minot N.D.
just trying t get some info on rear skid setups (stock skid) front and rear limiter straps and rear bolt holes. I am 220 with all my gear on. Thanks again for all the info guys.

Smoke Show

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2008
Fort Nelson, BC
what year sled would probably help?

extend the limiter strap to the the last hole and crank the front track shock to the max to remove ski pressure... tree setup for me anyways.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Where are you as far as shock pressure in the front shocks, center and rear track shock presently? Float 2 shocks?

Duramax325

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2011
Minot N.D.
I haven't rode it yet came of a pro. Just looking for some advice on where to start haven't even rode it yet. Heading out next week and just looking for some info.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
A lot of people have said in multiple threads i have read that around 65-70 PSI in the front shocks works well for the nytro and or is a good starting point. the center track shock is between 85-95 PSI. In boosted application the center shock may need to have less in it but not sure since mine is N/A. The rear shock for a boosted sled I have read around 150 - 160 PSI is a good starting point. You may want your PRO back after your first ride. Honestly i would check were everything is at currently and then go ride it. That way you have a base line to start with. The upper and lower mounting holes i have read don't do much for over all handling of the sled. the lower gives you more deep snow clearance and the upper one lowers the sled down for more spring riding conditions. These sleds have a lot of weight over the front so i would leave the limit strap where its at.

Duramax325

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2011
Minot N.D.
Thanks that should help. The pro didn't go anywhere will also be with on the trip. Ran my 12 turboed for two years and now have a 14 n/a for the time being but just wanted to try a four stroke and see what all hype is about. Thinkin if I like it I might build a viper next year.

homeboy

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2003
Chehalis
duramax

I have a 2012 pro, 08 270 MCX Nytro, and have a 2014 270 MCX Viper. I think I know the sled you bought and the only thing missing IMO is a spindle forward front on that sled if I remember it had stock front A-arms.

My nytro has the +3 Zbroz front with stock Yammie shocks with EZ-Ryde rear, the reason I mentioned my pro is this. No matter what some of the stereo type opinions are out there on the 4 stroke sleds ( ie. Nytro, Viper, 1100t) they can and will handle as well as a Pro or any other two strokes. I can put my Nytro anywhere anybody else can put there Pro including myself, thru the trees, any technical terrain. I can side hill my Nytro till I run out of terrain just like my Pro. Big difference is when it is Deep, Deep, Deep, and pro can't my Nytro still can. The best aftermarket option for a Nytro is a plus 3 or 4 front a-arms, you would not believe the improvement it makes. Once installed your Nytro will pull up on its side as easy as your Pro.

My buddie has a 270 MCX Nytro with stock rear skid and +3 Zbroz front. I have rode this sled numerous times and it is a dream to ride thru trees as well, but being an uncoupled stock suspension it does have more ski lift than mine. He is suppose to ride with us this weekend so if I get a chance I will look to see where he has things set.

Duramax325

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2011
Minot N.D.
Thanks a lot for the reply I have the cr racing front is on the should be here early next week. What skies do u guys run on them. I got C/A high marks to try from a buddie of mine and also put the bdx steering system on it.

Premium Features