• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M7 secondary failure

Shane23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2012
I went up this morning and almost immediately it felt like something was binding the track or like the track was ratcheting. I couldn't figure out what was wrong so I loaded it back up. I got home and decided to pull the secondary and found that all but two of the bolts holding the helix on had sheared off. Has anyone had this happen before? It looks like I can replace the bolts and be good, but I'm wondering if something else is going on to cause this.

concretebob

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2010
Loomis Ca.
My buddies did the same thing last weekend after riding double all day.
He just ordered a new helix and bolts. Make sure they are torqed right
and use the correct locktite.

P
Oct 1, 2010
too far from mtns
2ndary&torquebumper blown

o5 m7 all 3outer bolts brok on 2ndary & blew torque bumper last weekend run good all day untillwe started 2 jumpout of a hole 3rd or 4th landing was it wtf 3rd torque bumper in 4 rides:mad2:

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
cat uses very cheap screws to hold the helixs to the secondary, best thing is to throw them away and run to the hardware store and buy some decent allen head screws or something like that and install them.

Shane23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2012
That's exactly what I did. It seems to be working so far. I guess I'll add it to the list of things to keep an eye on.

Shane23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2012
Thanks I didn't think of that. I should be good though, the bolts I got look exactly the same as the old ones. Hopefully they're stronger

Premium Features