• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2 spark plug qestion

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
I have an 09 1000. This is my first 2 plug head. The single plug would get a miss and put your hand on each cylinder to see which one is cooler. On the 2 plug head what are the running issues or signs you have a fouled plug. Will rpm's drop some? I do not think it will miss like a single plug.

I did pull the plugs and I think they were original. They had a lot of deposits on the bottom electrode. It ran fine only had a hard time starting from time to time. Any way re-installing new plugs I am wondering if I did not get one of the caps on right. The R's have dropped by 50 or so. Just wondering if one plug not firing could be why.

J

jakim

Sep 23, 2009
I have the same sled and once I change plugs and didn't get the boot snapped down on the plug good and it was very boggy in the mid range range fine wide open. At first I thought it was my PCV acting up but reseated the plug wires and it ripped like before.

Premium Features