• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 RMK pro SLP billet head

DBarnes

Premium Member
Apr 1, 2022
Thomasville, Colorado
Anybody put one of these on their sled? Did you have any issues with DET on 91 non e? Did you have to add octane booster? I stripped out one of my cylinder heads by riding a full day with 1 spark plug under torqued. Just wondering if it’s worth going with the SLP power dome billet head or I should just heli coil the stock billet head?

Griff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I would call SLP and talk to them. I am running SLP 8000 ft. head and pipe set on mine at 10,000 feet. It works great. Have had det once on a 50+ degree late April ride, basically a near overheated engine. Lots of variables contribute to the answer for your question. If starting over, would I do this again....yes absolutely. It runs great.

DBarnes

Premium Member
Apr 1, 2022
Thomasville, Colorado
Thanks for the info @Griff. It’s always nice getting insight from someone other than the manufacturer even though I have no reason not to trust what they say.
I called SLP shortly after posting and they said as long as you are riding at the correct elevation it won’t be an issue with 91. I also am riding between 10-12k’ and the tech told me if I ever take it below 6k’ with the 8k’ head then I’ll have to add octane booster.

Premium Features