• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Revelstoke 900 Ride - March 3,4,5 2011 PART 4 - PICS POSTED!

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Ok, I would have thought you knew about this already. Go down to the store and get yourself two neoprene knee sleeves and put them on every time you ride. That will help warm up your knees and keep you from being a cripple at the end of every ride. If you put them on now it will help with knee pain too.

haha, well i have hinged knee braces i am suppose to be wearing, but i didnt use them at all this year yet...yeh dumb i know...but im paying for it now... :nod:

I'm glad this y-pipe let go on the trail up and not up on top in one of the deep bowls with 4 feet of powder.

Thanks for not pulling me out to fast Seth, I know you guy's wanted to get back on the hill.

Hopefully SLP will warranty the y-pipe and send me a new one.

yeh man, good luck...if they dont help you out, get with me :wave:

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Too bad someone wasn't filming the avalanche I set off at Denny's lol, I have been telling the story to guys at work for laughs

hahaha, ya that was a good one.... the whole slab let loose. Glad we didn't need the beacons, I left mine in my room:eek::scared:

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Too much of a good thing?

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.... but it does suck when you hafta keep stopping cause your sled can't breathe, lol

Maybe I should install a snorkel:D:D:D

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
LOL... more vents would be a solution, but there's typically only about 3 rides a year here that this becomes an issue for me, lol.

but man was it fun:D:D

1 ride per year where it is an issue is enough to make it so it is not an issue.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Seth..

didnt i tell you i had a feeling that my steering hoop was loose and didnt feel comfortable riding back in revy too far that one day, lol...

figired i better check it out before i ride on thurs...

the stupid RAW hoop SUUUUUXXX...i busted the weld on the steering post support bracket in Polson a few weeks go, then busted the hoop in half in Revy...

i am seriously considering putting the OEM 06 steering hoop back on this summer, and modding the FNI HiFLo Stirrup vents to that hoop...the 900 stering hoops are WAY stronger then the RAW ones by far...

IMG_20110315_153606.jpg

IMG_20110315_153555.jpg

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Seth..

didnt i tell you i had a feeling that my steering hoop was loose and didnt feel comfortable riding back in revy too far that one day, lol...

figired i better check it out before i ride on thurs...

the stupid RAW hoop SUUUUUXXX...i busted the weld on the steering post support bracket in Polson a few weeks go, then busted the hoop in half in Revy...

i am seriously considering putting the OEM 06 steering hoop back on this summer, and modding the FNI HiFLo Stirrup vents to that hoop...the 900 stering hoops are WAY stronger then the RAW ones by far...

Holy smokes! Ya, I remember seeing you wiggling that sucker all over the place... I was wondering if you were gonna make it back to the truck after I saw how much slop there was on that last afternoon:scared:

I would DEFINITELY run a stock 900 hoop if it were me, with Kreg's delete kit I am astonished how rigid my bars are now.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
NO DOUBT man, i always know when something is busted...cause its usually everytime i ride, LOL...so i have a nack for this crap, lol..

i am not too concerned about it now..i rigged it up with some HEAVY steel plates...so when i weigh my sled here soon, i will knock off a pound for those alone, LOL..

i got with Kreg already and have a delete kit on the way..i kinda figured the hoop was toasted before i messed with it, so its been the plan since the first time i busted it.

will be easier to mount the fuel pressure regulator to the 900 hoop anyways...just nice to open the hood and see the fuel lines and pump right there...no more fishing through wiring to get them off now, lol...oh well.

Premium Features