• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Project 2015/16 Arctic Cat M 8000 SnoPro Build – Part 1: Front End Upgrade

L

leadfoot33

Aug 31, 2010
Prince George BC
cool thanks, i think it will just sit higher if they aren't spaces however i don't think you can drop a 12 from 40 to36, i think new shocks will be needed.
we ran our 12 with no spacers in them and never had an issue so ill probably go that route again

Cat man doo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2012
So Oneoldfart, how'd you find the 16 to handle compared to earlier years of Proclimbs ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

predator800

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2010
Saskatoon, SK
Hi Logan, I would think you could leave it long...don't know how it would affect handling. We always did the spacer on the 2012 models when we did the kits. Another thing I was thinking about is if you have a 12 and already shortened it can you space it more or will you need new shocks. Also if you have non 2016 Evols they will not work in stock configuration as the cap does not have the right orientation for the new upper a-arms

Thanks,

Woody

Wouldn't the pre 2016 evols work if you turned them up side down and point the evol towards the sled? Much like how the evols work on the old Ms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M8 Rider

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
Riverton Utah
Proclimb Front Suspension Upgrade

I currently ride a 2014 M8000 153. After talking with Josh Skinner I think I will do this upgrade to my snowmobile. He said it improved the handling greatly. In his words it was a must do upgrade for sure. It is a great improvement for the dollar spent. :face-icon-small-hap

blackjack85335

Lifetime Membership
Jan 2, 2008
this or barcode 36"

anyone know how the 16's front end compares to the barcode performance 36" kit which also moves the spindle forward 5"? going to upgrade the frontend of my 12 M1100 just not sure which kit yet. already got a X3 on it. just needs front end. what about front shocks? evols, raptors or someone else?

bugglin_bull

Lifetime Membership
Jan 25, 2009
Wouldn't the pre 2016 evols work if you turned them up side down and point the evol towards the sled? Much like how the evols work on the old Ms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is exactly how I installed mine with the new front end and I don't have any fitment issues.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mtnxr

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Colorado
Nice build start to finish. That will look good in my trailer and even better if I put my wife on it! :face-icon-small-ton

Premium Features