• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

<<< SnoWest Arctic Cat FREE SLED Giveaway>>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
So, would you like a brand new 2016 Arctic Cat sled for FREE?

picture.php

In this crate is a brand new sled just waiting for us to mod.
picture.php

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]-->
SnoWest Arctic Cat Giveaway

So recently Arctic Cat corporate called and said they had an extra 2015 snowmobile that wasn’t assigned to anyone and wondered if I wanted to do anything with it—sort of like turn it into a project or something. They told me to think about it and let them know.

Then a few days ago I was out with the Cat engineering team riding their 2016s. Boy do those mountain sleds work. So I started asking detailed questions about the changes … and asked if there are a few spare 2016 parts lying around. After some quick negotiations (and perhaps a promise of a front cover photo to one of their guys) I managed to load up a bunch of parts for my project.

Now here’s the thing … once Cat corporate realized I had some goodies that would fit on that extra 2015, they told me I could have at it … but there would be a few stipulations.

1) I could turn the 2015 into a 2016.
2) I could add anything else to it as long as it reflected the standards of Arctic Cat.
3) I could use any forum members to offer help and suggestions along the process.
4) But I couldn’t keep the snowmobile because of my noted conflict of interest with the magazine. However, since it will be a modified sled, Cat couldn’t take it back either. So somehow I must give the sled away come next December after the build was complete.

So here’s where we stand: Christopher and I are going to start building the sled with some of the parts I appropriated from Cat’s R&D facility. We will tell you what we’re adding and why we’re adding it, but only as it’s permitted by a Cat embargo on the 2016 sleds. And we would like any and all suggestions on what other fun things we can do to make this project really special for some forum member who will receive it next Fall.

The clock is ticking. Let’s get to work.

SW Pub

picture.php

sweepstakes.jpg

Everyone who participates in this thread will be entered!

Post a reply.
Post a comment.
Post a question.

And you are
ENTERED TO WIN!
===============

The Custom Build.
Project 2015/16 Arctic Cat M 8000 SnoPro Build – Part 1: Front End Upgrade

Project 2015/16 Arctic Cat M 8000 SnoPro Build – Part 2: Gears, Clutches

Project 2015/16 Arctic Cat M 8000 SnoPro Build, Part 4 Forum members priority listProject 2015/16 Arctic Cat M 8000 SnoPro Build Part 5—Belt Drive Install

Project 2015/16 Arctic Cat M 8000 SnoPro Build Part 6—Track Install

2015/16 Project Arctic Cat M 8000 SnoPro Build Part 7—Seat Install

2015/16 Project Arctic Cat M 8000 SnoPro Build - Part 8—Running Board Install

Project 2015/16 Arctic Cat M 8000 SnoPro Build - Part 9—Fixed Handlebar Post

Project 2015/16 Arctic Cat M 8000 SnoPro Build - Part 10—Lightweight Can

Project 2015/16 Arctic Cat M 8000 SnoPro Build - Part 11— Wrap It Up

Last edited:

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
all good directions: narrow up the boards and body panels!! get the clutching in order as it looks as tho cat has done this and a full slp pipe set would be love!! Kat is on the top of the hit list with the 2.6~! regain the mountain market just like back in 05 with the m7!!! I have many cats since 97 and ride 2-3k miles in ID just give me a call....

Last edited:

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
That is pretty cool idea. its going to make one happy member for sure. Been reading some of the forums and read this months Edition of SW. let me preface this by saying the only Arctic Cat i have ridden was in one of amber Holt clinics and it was a m1100 t a few years ago. these are just a few things that i keep coming across as i scan the different thread on Snowest and others they include:

1. the lightweight hood to shed some front end weight.
2. Little wider ski but that is more of a personal preference thing.
3. It seems that the clutching could be smoothed out a little and lower the engagement.
4. light weight battery.
5. performance lightweight exhaust / can
6. it sounds like they want to keep it stock so one of those fancy air pumps from EVO would i am sure be out of the question.
7. The stock skid should work great but wondering if a better more efficient shock package like elka, rapter or zbros would be in order.
8. Kmod titanium skid would be over the top but not sure that falls under the "stock" category
9. Although i prefer the clean look of the stock graphic package on any of the new sleds a killer wrap might set it apart from the rest.

kylerf150

Lifetime Membership
Mar 9, 2011
great falls mt
Is this sled a 800 or 900?

1. Complete one off custom wrap.
2. Narrowed.
3. A 3" track
4. A can
5. Lowered seat
6. Tunnel bag
7. Bumpers and with full tunnel support.

Last edited:
N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
2016 FRONT WITH SKIS
Tom's SIK suspension
Tether
Trailtank
3" Power claw
BDX hood
Oil injection delete
Diamond S Ti quiet can
Fancy tree mowing front Cat bumper
Biggest Big Bore you can throw at it with all the fixings that go along
16 Team primary with MVM cut secondary
TKI belt drive
BDX boards
Carbon rear tunnel section
Anti stab

and of course this flatlander to win it!!! :eyebrows:

C
Jan 14, 2012
"So, would you like a brand new 2016 Arctic Cat sled for FREE?" YYEEEEPPPPPP, I sure would

I would leave the stock oil injection on.
SLP Stage 2 or 3
Lighten it up
Upgrade suspension.
Custom color-powdercoating

But whatever you do to it, I wont complain when I win it.

32longtrack

Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Idaho
Make it just like a 2016 limited, 3 inch powerclaw 162, fox float evols, team clutches, 16 rear skid, try cats new ski and the new seat storage combo.

This is out of the cat catalog, switch guards, goggle bag, vent kit, proclimb boards, proclimb rear bumper. Elka stage 5 shocks only if they are lighter than the fox float evols.

Light weight performance exhaust and can but please not a loud can. Speedwerx front bumper. Do not put a wrap on it instead put a unique powder coated color scheme on it.

M

mt.aero

Nov 14, 2011
Steamboat
Sounds good. I cleared a spot in the garage already. :face-icon-small-ton

I would love to see you guys go with a full custom design/color concept then strip the chassis and powder coat, paint and wrap everything. Obviously keeping it all Cat themed and classy...not one of those boy racer wraps. I'm all about throwing parts at it too, but this is one of the few ways to really make this a unique sled that really stands out from the crowd. You know, something that just looks fast sitting there and you'll have no other thought in your head when looking at it other than 'I want to rip on that thing!'

Got some ideas in my head already... 'wink wink, nudge nudge'.

Last edited:

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
In keeping with Cat's guidelines...

Add the following:
- Float Evol R's or suspension upgrade from the accessories catalog
- Updated skis from the catalog
- 2016 front end
- Vented hood and side panels from the catalog
- Front and rear bumpers
- Running boards
- Tether
- Seat upgrade (either complete seat or Stomp cover)
- add some color (powdercoating), but not as if a clown threw up on it.
- Switch guards, knee pads, and skidplate
And IF resources allow (and approval is obtained) - throw a Speedwerx supercharger or big bore kit on the machine, and upgrade the clutches. I didn't mention belt drives / aftermarket suspensions, etc as it's not likely Cat would let them go that route - I'm certain that Speedwerx modifications would be the ONLY aftermarket vendor that has a chance here due to their close relationship with the manufacturer

Buz

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Vancouver, Wa
Light weight parts and HP

Speedwerxs 925 or super charger.
Jaws or speedwerxs pipe. W/925
C3 or fire and ice Carbon fiber hood.
16 clutching.
16 front end or Skinz.
Kmod suspension.

I would be just as happy with the 925, "16" parts and light weight hood.

Sign me up!!! I just want to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features