• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Excessive Oil

RX-1MT

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Butte Montana
Is There A Remeady For The Apex With Boondocker Turbo Blowing A Lot Of Oil Out Of The Crankcase Vent Has Anyone Found A Cure For It Yet?

TurboT

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2008
W...Y...O
Hope this helps you RX-1MT! Had the same situation. Switched out the old cork and put a thicker and longer one in. Seems to be helping, but still have excess bleeding out occasionally. Really only gets bad when riding long periods of time without letting her cool down, especially in the deep pow. Rerouted line, now it dumps off right behind the right cowling up near the hook(Apex model). Seems if you can keep that line upright and don't tip your sled over too many times a guy won't lose as much oil out of the crank. Hope this helps you out!

TurboT

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2008
W...Y...O
I should have explained that a little better! My kit came complete with an extended rubber line with a clear foam encased in plastic that was clamped securely to the rubber line. This way the oil can still breathe out a bit but the foam(my bad description of saying cork) will stop the oil from running out heavily if the sled rolls too many times. Well, we rerouted the line to the right side and dumped it out of an extra vent we installed. Not sure where my mechy found the thicker foam plug. It's a little wider and thicker in length than the original. Ran into a guy this year running a gt28, carrillo rods, JE pistons, etc. and he couldn't figure out where the oil was coming from. We rerouted the line and kept it sitting upright instead of laying in the bellypan of the sled and no more mess. Anyways, don't want to lead you astray Mick. This is what worked for me. You might want to call Boondocker just to make sure. Wish you the best of luck with it:)

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
I doubt this has any thing to do with your bd kit. Mine does not blow excessive oil by any means.All turbo kits will loose some oil but more a mist and a simple catch can,bottle, will solve the mess. I would give Jr a call at bd they might know how to help out.

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
You have to add a vent in your valve cover cap and it will never blow out again, these motors need the extra vent, they have crankcase vents and no valve cover vents, add a vent there and it will be good to go, you might lose some oil on a roll over though, but you could probally use a axle breather and it would work for roll overs

TurboT

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2008
W...Y...O
Maybe try Checker, Advanced Automotive, Napa if you have any of those in your area. I'll bet b.d. might send one out for you!

Premium Features