• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Engine bogs @ 5500 rpm

sleddude

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima WA
My 06 900 is bogging out at 6500 rpms. It runs great if I just pin it though. I hope it's a bog but it happens so fast it could be cutting out if thats the case I might need a new stator. For now I'll say it's just a bog and cleaned my exhaust valves and hope that was my problem. My valves had a lot of carbon built up on them, took me way to long to clean them...

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Looking closer riding today, my bog is at about 6000rpm, cleaned my exhaust valves but that didn't cure it. Just put in a new stator. It has lots of bottom end, then almost shuts down, then takes off again if I keep it pinned. Any thoughts?

TPS and TPS connector

triple650

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Canadia
where is the tps? ive read alot about it lol but not had a problem with it (knock on wood). does it plug into the throttle bodies on the right side?

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
TPS and TPS connector

Exactly what i think...this is a MUST check/repair item annually...,even if you think your TPS is set correctly..it needs to be checked at least annually..and if you have never replaced the TPS harness with the updated one...it needs to be done to prevent a trouble free TPS season...

where is the tps? ive read alot about it lol but not had a problem with it (knock on wood). does it plug into the throttle bodies on the right side?

yeh bud, its on the MAG side of the throttle bodies ;)

check it...

thanks I'll check that out... I know guys have built the testers, but i'm a little hesitant on doing that myself... where can i get one of the tps testers? I'm in canada, it would be easier if it was on this side of the border so I don't have to deal with customs.

Premium Features