• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 rmk 800 bog at high elevation

J
Feb 25, 2023
Minnesota
I recently bought my first mountain sled, a 2015 pro rmk 800. It only has about 1500 miles. After I bought it, I rode it around locally to dial in the suspension and get used to the sled, we are only at about 1500ft in elevation here. The sled runs perfectly at this elevation, little over rev that was expected due to not having weights for here but I was just testing it.

Took it to the snowies in WY where you ride mainly around 10,000 feet and started to notice that the sled performed poorly under 5000 rpm. It just runs a little rougher with a little sputtering and hesitation. If you raise the rpm to over 5000 it acts perfectly normal with no issues, but if you punch it anywhere below that, and especially from a stop, it will hesitate and sometimes not pull out of the bog whatsoever.

On a different day i went to a trailhead that starts closer to 8000 feet and even that much of a difference it seemed to run a lot smoother down low, gradually got worse as I got higher.

I managed to catch a pretty good example on video -

Yes there was snow on the intake in this clip but I was having the issue all three days I rode and was staying on top of clearing my intake

Hopefully its an easy fix, would like to have it working better next time I go out!

Premium Features