• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

help with adjusting the front track shock?

M

majhano

Feb 1, 2010
the rear track shock is easy to guess on. the manual tells you how long it should be for your weight. i am 170 so the 10 to 10.375 inch range is where i have been adjusting. i have noticed too much shock length (less tension) will make the sled rock back and jump (is a blast) but i believe it trenches a bit more and therefore doesnt quite climb as well. so now i am messing with the front track shock and there are no lengths mentioned in the manual. i have about 6 threads showing at the bottom of the shock between the adjustment ring that turns and the very bottom of the shock. 6 threads is about 1/2 inch. can somebody that has theirs dialed in for weight similar to mine tell me how many threads they have showing or inches of threads? it would really help me rather than just saying turn a few times. i cant seem to get the right balance. thanks guys!:face-icon-small-hap

D

dub

Mar 15, 2004
Moxee WA
This can be somewhat tough to answer for where you ride and how much you weigh but I suggest doing this...

There is not a lot of ski pressure built into this sled, so take the front track shock and loosten the spring way up with only about 2-3 threads showing. Then tighten the rear track shop up even more than what Poo says to do. This gives a pretty good balance of the sled in quite a few conditions. My RTS is set up to about 10 1/8".

On the front you need to loosten them up and dial them in to where they just stop bottoming out.

Some may disagree with me but I have done quite a bit of adjusting and this works the best for me. BTW I am about 240 with gear.

DUB

M

majhano

Feb 1, 2010
thanks

that is an interesting idea. take all the ski pressure off with the front track shock being as loose as possible...(2 threads showing) and then add ski pressure back by tightening the rear track shock. will it wheelie if you need to lift the skiis quick over something? no trenching either and stays flat on top of the snow. i wonder if our weights make a big difference? appreciate the input!:face-icon-small-coo

A

AkLogan

Nov 26, 2007
Kenai, Alaska
if u tighten the FTS is going to take ski pressure away. loosen it and it should add it back.

i have mine set pretty tight. but i did end up having to sent it in for a revalve. had the ski pressure where i liked it but i was still able to bottom it out way to easy. so gonna go back where i was with that and then play with the rear to keep the front end down while climbing.

SpeedWobble

Premium Member
Jul 11, 2001
North Central Washington
When I ran the Holz rear suspension on my Gen II sled, their instructions on the front shock were to run it as loose as you could, and still hold pressure on the spring. (or just tight enough to keep it from bottoming out.) This new Polaris suspension is very much like the Holz skid.

Premium Features