• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

no more boss seats.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Hello BOSS Dealers!

We are writing today to announce the retirement of the BOSS Seats division.* BOSS will no longer be producing snowmobile seats.* There is a limited amount of inventory left that is still available.* These seats are all black with either white or silver logos, and will be sold on a first come, first serve basis.* If you have any customers that have been considering a BOSS seat, let them know that now is the time to order.* These seats are in mid-production status now, and will all be finished by the end of May, 2013, at which time BOSS Seats will formally retire. Here is a list of the remaining seats (listed by part numbers) with their available quantities:

email I just revived from boss.

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
This is awesome news! Boss has held 4-5 patents have been making the sled mfg. make awful crappy seats.

Now the stock sleds will come from the factory with much better seats!:cheer2:

Last edited:

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
I would almost bet that they sold those patents to one or more of the manufacturers. I hear the zipper patents is still up for grabs!

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
funny that they couldn't figure out the obvious though.

When they made a solid product, it was always in demand, they sold well, and for good money... then they let quality go to SH**, and it all fell apart.

Seems like the math isn't that complicated.

Shame to see them go, rather than simply start making a good solid product again.

B
Oct 13, 2012
S.E. SK
funny that they couldn't figure out the obvious though.

When they made a solid product, it was always in demand, they sold well, and for good money... then they let quality go to SH**, and it all fell apart.

Seems like the math isn't that complicated.

Shame to see them go, rather than simply start making a good solid product again.

R u saying the new seats they're making suck? Whats so bad about them? I'm lookin for a smaller seat during the off season, not sure if cats new seat/tank is the way to go

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
R u saying the new seats they're making suck? Whats so bad about them? I'm lookin for a smaller seat during the off season, not sure if cats new seat/tank is the way to go

I can't say anything about the proclimb seats, as I haven't seen one, but the M seats have been terrible over the last few years. I'd say since 09 their quality has been HORRIBLE. Year before last they said they were getting back to quality being job #1, but the seats we saw after that were no different.

Maybe the PC seats were quality again, and they just did too little too late, not sure.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I saw a newer boss seat on the snowest project proclimb at the expo in west yellowstone and it looked way nicer than the ones on my m-series sleds. I definitely would have considered buying one if I was in the market. Probably like backcountryislife said, must have just been too little too late. The only issue I personally had with my boss seats was one seam that started to pull apart a little and I sent it in and they fixed it and shipped it back. I was always careful with the zippers though.

deanross

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Cody WY
Tough crowd! I love my 10 m8 seat. It seems to be very well made. No issues whatsoever. Maybe some were good some bad?

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Tough crowd! I love my 10 m8 seat. It seems to be very well made. No issues whatsoever. Maybe some were good some bad?

Wow... that must be the case. I know a couple guys who got them in 10, and one in 11, and they've all fallen apart badly. The zippers mostly, but also heavy fading, and poor sewing.

It's just suck a shame... they were the friggin gold standard for years!

I remember paying $400 for a seat that was 3 or so years old, then selling it a year later for the same amount. They made a great product!

D

DWT

Sep 28, 2010
Fairbanks
Boss offered a poor quality product and backed it with even worse customer service. It's no wonder they couldn't get anybody to buy their seats.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Rasmussen had a pro model boss seat, guess it had issues or took forever. He contacted wrp and they made him one and boom he has one for every make.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
09 cat/boss seat
20130401_170607.jpg

Yup, dem some paper clips. Been there since 2008. Had to sew the zipper back on a couple times.
20130401_172437.jpg

The tears r not the seam but a 1/4" beside the seam. ???
20130401_170524.jpg

New 2012/13 seat.
20130401_170521.jpg

20130401_172347.jpg

20130401_170611.jpg

The New seat foam is much better than the 09. The quality looks and feels much better, back to the original quality. But time will tell.
Even though the 09 seat quality was down I still wouldn't trade it for a stock seat.

Premium Features