• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which Viper did you snow check and what accessories?

Y

yamahajohnson220

Jan 4, 2008
I went with the blue and white 153se with turbo. I am putting on the short windshield, handlebar bag, and koso x2 gauge. I really like it on my tphazer so I am gonna do the same on my viper.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Boise State Edition!!
2015 SRViper M-TX 162 LE

#1 Mod, MPI Turbo Stage 1 with Intercooler
(unless they just happen to release a supercharger by next winter....:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap)

img.jpg

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
Orange and blue XTX LE Viper.

Had a 2012 Cat M800 ProClimb with lots of lightweight stuff (~60lbs off the Cat chassis). Looking at doing some of the same with the Yammie. Cat chassis and Yammie motor should be an interesting combo.

May have to change my name:face-icon-small-hap

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Looks like KLIM is coming out with some new Blue and Orange gear this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2 pro.

S

SXViper

Nov 26, 2007
Lenexa, Kansas
CatRpiller, if you don't mind sharing what all did you do to lose 60#? How much do you think will be transferable to the viper chassis?

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
CatRpiller, if you don't mind sharing what all did you do to lose 60#? How much do you think will be transferable to the viper chassis?

he has a c3 hood 16lbs & c3 fuel tank 11lbs not sure if he had the syc drive too another 11lbs thats 38lbs right there light battery 10lbs.of coarse the c3 stuff will cost you 4500$:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-coo

S

SXViper

Nov 26, 2007
Lenexa, Kansas
he has a c3 hood 16lbs & c3 11lbs not sure if he had the syc drive too another 11lbs thats 38lbs right there light battery 10lbs.of coarse the c3 stuff will cost you 4500$

Thanks, so based on that your down approximatly 50# and in it $6500 with the turbo. Thats in the ball park of a high end turbo installled on another mfg. This deal they have with mpi is certainly a win for the consumer.

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country

CF Hood w/headlight delete (should be able to fit on the Yammie.....) ~16lbs
CF Tank (not sure if it will fit Yammie with the undertank pipe)
Oil Delete (not applicable to Yammie)
Removed one idler set ~2lbs
Lightweight can (not sure how many lbs this translates to on the Yammie) ??
Stripped pipe insulation and coated instead
Replaced tail light and put an SLP led one on the seat ~1/2 lb
Cut back the snow flap ~1/4lb
Seat - ~3lbs (not sure if will fit Yammie)
Vertical to horizontal steering ~3.5lbs

Was thinking of sync drive and a cf skid but didn't get around to it, but I think both are applicable with the Yammie (reverse??)

With the things I did that almost surely apply your close to 20lbs. Then add header, can, maybe a seat, sync drive and Li battery and that's maybe another 20? Skid another 10? CF tail another 2lbs...Of course one can throw money at it and go stupid! lol

I don't think the same things are going to apply as with the 800 Cat but I'll be looking. Can't ride well anymore but can have fun wrenching and staring.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
I don't think we can lose 10lbs in the skid anymore. Some of the skids I have tested are actually heavier than stock now days.

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
I don't think we can lose 10lbs in the skid anymore. Some of the skids I have tested are actually heavier than stock now days.

Yeah, about 5 to 7 pounds is about all you can pull out. BDX arms are good for 4.5 lbs and you can pull a couple of idler wheels for another couple pounds as mentioned above by CatRpillar. Then you usually add a couple pounds back with ice scratchers and an anti-stab wheel kit.

A carbon fiber tunnel extension saves 2 lbs plus another 10-30 (estimated) pounds in reduced snow build up.

Bill

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Hmm
And now the inevitable discussion of how to LIGHTEN up the viper begins in earnest!

How many pounds can we "reasonably-affordably" take off.

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
Yeah, about 5 to 7 pounds is about all you can pull out. BDX arms are good for 4.5 lbs and you can pull a couple of idler wheels for another couple pounds as mentioned above by CatRpillar. Then you usually add a couple pounds back with ice scratchers and an anti-stab wheel kit.

A carbon fiber tunnel extension saves 2 lbs plus another 10-30 (estimated) pounds in reduced snow build up.

Bill

Was thinking of a NexTech skid which should come in around 32lbs. Admittedly that's with the full zoot carbon everything and $$$$ but hey, we're talking about weight that I would otherwise have to go on a diet for! lol

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
At the end of the day it's much cheaper to take 20lbs off ME then off my sled. Better for me, and easier on my wallet as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2 pro.

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
What's the scoop on battery weight savings with these things? What is stock weight and what is the best lightweight battery to use and its weight?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I have to admit, I am already looking forward to playing the weight savings game on the new Viper just like I did on the Nytro.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
i would work on taking weight off the front of the sled first as it will be where the most weight is.the viper is very well balanced compared to the nytro,but you will notice the weight off the front more than the back of sled.

Premium Features