For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Ski-Doo: REV Gen 4 For the 2017 and newer REV Gen 4 Sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2018, 08:58 PM
Currently: Not set.
skank has a reputation beyond reputeskank has a reputation beyond reputeskank has a reputation beyond reputeskank has a reputation beyond reputeskank has a reputation beyond reputeskank has a reputation beyond reputeskank has a reputation beyond reputeskank has a reputation beyond reputeskank has a reputation beyond reputeskank has a reputation beyond reputeskank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Summit g4 post forward kit

Anybody installed one yet? Tall riders could really benefit from this when traversing technical steep terrain I believe!

Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to skank For This Useful Post:
Shortline (01-15-2018)
Old 01-15-2018, 02:14 PM
Clutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond repute
Default Post forward 850G4

I am 6'1" or 6'3" with my riding boots I just installed the skidoo 4" riser block and tilted it almost vertical. I will be raking the riser back closer to stock this is the first skidoo I've ever had where there really isn't a need to have your bars further forward. I always road my sleds with a vertical block it sucks on the trails but works for when you really need to get over the front on steep hills. But with the 850 your moving front back to middle working the sled with your feet while sidehilling I don't think you need a post forward kit. Your feet position on the 850 favor middle-back opossed to forward & further forward on Xp & xm chassis. Try a lower riser block I think you'll be pretty surprised how big of a difference that makes. Before you order the post forward kit. I also finally jumped on the lower bars ban wagon last year always made fun of those guys for years, just cuz your sled looks like Bret Rasmusson don't mean it will climb like his haha. Finally rode a sled last year with low risers hated it sucks for the trail sucks going down hills. But you lay that sled on its side turne back up hill or sidhilling up and down in steep terrain it was a huge difference one of the most noticeable improvements I have felt first hand. I would like to try an 850 with low bars and a post forward kit I've been wrong in the past why stop now ha.

Last edited by Clutched Films; 01-15-2018 at 02:16 PM.

Old 01-15-2018, 02:22 PM
Currently: Waiting for winter
Adam12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam12 has a reputation beyond repute

You don't feel hunched over with the shorter riser? I noticed yours was low. . . I went up to the 8.3" because of my aching neck. Maybe my head weighs too much...

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 01-15-2018, 03:43 PM
skank has a reputation beyond reputeskank has a reputation beyond reputeskank has a reputation beyond reputeskank has a reputation beyond reputeskank has a reputation beyond reputeskank has a reputation beyond reputeskank has a reputation beyond reputeskank has a reputation beyond reputeskank has a reputation beyond reputeskank has a reputation beyond reputeskank has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutched Films View Post
I am 6'1" or 6'3" with my riding boots I just installed the skidoo 4" riser block and tilted it almost vertical. I will be raking the riser back closer to stock this is the first skidoo I've ever had where there really isn't a need to have your bars further forward. I always road my sleds with a vertical block it sucks on the trails but works for when you really need to get over the front on steep hills. But with the 850 your moving front back to middle working the sled with your feet while sidehilling I don't think you need a post forward kit. Your feet position on the 850 favor middle-back opossed to forward & further forward on Xp & xm chassis. Try a lower riser block I think you'll be pretty surprised how big of a difference that makes. Before you order the post forward kit. I also finally jumped on the lower bars ban wagon last year always made fun of those guys for years, just cuz your sled looks like Bret Rasmusson don't mean it will climb like his haha. Finally rode a sled last year with low risers hated it sucks for the trail sucks going down hills. But you lay that sled on its side turne back up hill or sidhilling up and down in steep terrain it was a huge difference one of the most noticeable improvements I have felt first hand. I would like to try an 850 with low bars and a post forward kit I've been wrong in the past why stop now ha.
Yeah I do hear what your saying but Iíve noticed if you donít have riser in line with post there is a terrible arcing effect when you turn that swings your bars and body off of center. That is a challenging thing to adjust for when in steep trees. In order to keep riser in line with post, and to be far enough forward in the steep, moving post forward would be the ticket I think if you are my height! 6í6Ē.
I donít think itís needed for a shorty tho.

We will see.. Iím putting one on tomorrow to try. It was hard to get my hands on though. Not in full production and available yet.

Old 01-15-2018, 05:16 PM
Clutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond repute
Default Post forward

I'm rolling them back to inline with the post. And yes Adam the lower bars suck until you are climbing or sidhilling. I didn't feel the need to suck up limiter strap yesterday front didn't want to come up as bad. But we really didn't climb anything to steep snows still pretty scares lots of rocks still poking out. I'm usually not considered a short rider haha compared to 6'6" I gues I'm a little fella. Let me know how it workes out for you.

Old 01-15-2018, 10:40 PM
Currently: talking about clutching
Dynamo^Joe has a reputation beyond reputeDynamo^Joe has a reputation beyond reputeDynamo^Joe has a reputation beyond reputeDynamo^Joe has a reputation beyond reputeDynamo^Joe has a reputation beyond reputeDynamo^Joe has a reputation beyond reputeDynamo^Joe has a reputation beyond reputeDynamo^Joe has a reputation beyond reputeDynamo^Joe has a reputation beyond reputeDynamo^Joe has a reputation beyond reputeDynamo^Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by skank View Post
Anybody installed one yet? Tall riders could really benefit from this when traversing technical steep terrain I believe!
I got an email last friday saying my G4 post fwd mod is on the way.
I can't wait to try it.

Really good G4-850 and XM summit clutch kits

850 G4 Summit clutch kit index

Online Gear Calculator @ iBackshift

Old 01-16-2018, 02:09 AM
Basic Member
powdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond repute

On the boosted Yamys I always needed forward bars.

Lots of wild horses to hang on to and be ahead of

The rather mild in comparison 165 to 175 hp 850 depending on who you believe allows me to sit back sort of speak. They handle perfect with the stock setup dialed for your liking. At 6 foot 2'' stock is about perfect on this sled.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 09-13-2018, 03:05 PM
Currently: Doing the snow dance
Jblaze74 has a reputation beyond reputeJblaze74 has a reputation beyond reputeJblaze74 has a reputation beyond reputeJblaze74 has a reputation beyond reputeJblaze74 has a reputation beyond reputeJblaze74 has a reputation beyond reputeJblaze74 has a reputation beyond reputeJblaze74 has a reputation beyond reputeJblaze74 has a reputation beyond reputeJblaze74 has a reputation beyond reputeJblaze74 has a reputation beyond repute

sooooo... anyone install a kit? Good/Bad?

Old 09-13-2018, 04:12 PM
logan1080 has a reputation beyond reputelogan1080 has a reputation beyond reputelogan1080 has a reputation beyond reputelogan1080 has a reputation beyond reputelogan1080 has a reputation beyond reputelogan1080 has a reputation beyond reputelogan1080 has a reputation beyond reputelogan1080 has a reputation beyond reputelogan1080 has a reputation beyond reputelogan1080 has a reputation beyond reputelogan1080 has a reputation beyond repute

Also curious, loved it on my XM.

Old 09-13-2018, 07:28 PM
8emup has a reputation beyond repute8emup has a reputation beyond repute8emup has a reputation beyond repute8emup has a reputation beyond repute8emup has a reputation beyond repute8emup has a reputation beyond repute8emup has a reputation beyond repute8emup has a reputation beyond repute8emup has a reputation beyond repute8emup has a reputation beyond repute8emup has a reputation beyond repute

I have a post forward kit in an XP and love it. Who makes one for the G4?

Old 09-13-2018, 07:33 PM
8emup has a reputation beyond repute8emup has a reputation beyond repute8emup has a reputation beyond repute8emup has a reputation beyond repute8emup has a reputation beyond repute8emup has a reputation beyond repute8emup has a reputation beyond repute8emup has a reputation beyond repute8emup has a reputation beyond repute8emup has a reputation beyond repute8emup has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 09-14-2018, 10:16 AM
Currently: talking about clutching
Dynamo^Joe has a reputation beyond reputeDynamo^Joe has a reputation beyond reputeDynamo^Joe has a reputation beyond reputeDynamo^Joe has a reputation beyond reputeDynamo^Joe has a reputation beyond reputeDynamo^Joe has a reputation beyond reputeDynamo^Joe has a reputation beyond reputeDynamo^Joe has a reputation beyond reputeDynamo^Joe has a reputation beyond reputeDynamo^Joe has a reputation beyond reputeDynamo^Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Dynamo^Joe For This Useful Post:
Adam12 (09-14-2018)
Old 09-14-2018, 10:55 AM
Currently: Nothing
ak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register