• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

10 xp works awesome compared to the 09

B
Feb 21, 2009
Anybody know if doo is dooing an upgrade kit for the 09 163?
My dealer said he talked to Skidoo and they said no.
If they aren't going to offer a kit for the 163, I don't see why they wouldn't at least let a person order all of the individual parts to do a 163, then just give you a discount for buying everything.

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
No kit for 163s. You would have to look at the parts inc in the 154 kit and then order the same ones for the 163 separately. Prob not a big deal. Order the 154 kit and a set of 163 rails im betting.

S
Dec 22, 2008
Gunnison CO Littleton CO
only offering the kit for the 154's is BS.

if its more expensive to make a 163 kit then so be it, raise the price for that kit a little, but not offering it is super lame.

should go like this,

146 kit - 449.00
154 kit - 499.00
163 kit - 549.00

...or something like that..

not quite sure what the sales tactic is with only offering a 154 kit....but simply not offering a kit for my 146 isnt going to make me go buy a 2010, so if they think they can sell some sleds by not offering a kit they are wrong-o, at least for me.

if they wont offer a kit, ill just spend my money on aftermarket, and doo wont make a dime. im not going to buy the kit piece by piece, by the time you have spent that kinda cash on individual parts you might as well have just went aftermarket.

seems that if they just offered the kit for all track lengths it would be a win win, more people happy with doo, people happier with their sleds handling, doo is selling some parts, making some money, everyone wins.

X
Nov 22, 2009
From what I'm reading, it sounds like the 2010 models/suspensions are working better then the 09's and 08 models.
My question is, has anyone ridden them side by side the same day same conditions to see the difference? Playing in the powder, climbing, sidehilling, and running down the trail.
Seriously thinking about buying the upgrade kit for my 08, but want to make sure that I'm doing the right thing. $500 for the kit is alot of coin for me right now.
So any input would be appreciated.
Thanks

The group i ride with is 2 09 Xps, one 154 and one 163. I ride a '10 146 and we have an 08 146 ride with us on occasion as well. Ther 163 of course goes further due to track. But i can usually get there depending on the snow conditions with a little more zig zag to my line.

Switching sleds throughout the day is completely different. even to the 08 146. handling is much better on the ten in my own opinion. I did have to tighten my limiter strap up a hole. i couldnt only keep the back of the track on the ground and i was straight up and down climbing. went one hole tighter than stock and now i love it! skis dont have to much wait on them and even sidehilling the upper ski rarely touches.

One other improvement i noticed is the initial front end lifting off the ground. On the 09 ad 08s it feels like the track drops first when you punch it where the 10 feels like the front end lifts. makes it lots easier to turn around and head back up a hill without leveling out first. Also if you stop and think your stuck because your nose it down, no worries it'll lift up. :face-icon-small-hap

Congrats to ski doo on the change. the only thing i can find they did wrong was put the plastic adjuster on the secondary. :face-icon-small-fro

R

revtech100

Oct 13, 2008
Anchorage, AK
only offering the kit for the 154's is BS.

if its more expensive to make a 163 kit then so be it, raise the price for that kit a little, but not offering it is super lame.

should go like this,

146 kit - 449.00
154 kit - 499.00
163 kit - 549.00

...or something like that..

not quite sure what the sales tactic is with only offering a 154 kit....but simply not offering a kit for my 146 isnt going to make me go buy a 2010, so if they think they can sell some sleds by not offering a kit they are wrong-o, at least for me.

if they wont offer a kit, ill just spend my money on aftermarket, and doo wont make a dime. im not going to buy the kit piece by piece, by the time you have spent that kinda cash on individual parts you might as well have just went aftermarket.

seems that if they just offered the kit for all track lengths it would be a win win, more people happy with doo, people happier with their sleds handling, doo is selling some parts, making some money, everyone wins.

That's what I did....timbersled....

Premium Features