• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Toms did it to me again...

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
So bought Fox QRS3 spring shocks from my dealer when I bought my sled, 18 850 175”. I ended up with the Doo spec shocks from 2017 and they were GREAT on the rear of the sled. I run 4-5 on the the stock torsion springs, 2 on the comp knob and about 15 on rebound. 5 is a little stiff and 4 can be soft on the deep days but works great on the 2ish foot days or less.
The fronts sucked. Better than stock but still way to soft in the springs and the 1-3 on compression seemed exactly the same. Rebound was ok but I had to screw them up to like 18 to get it right. I asked my dealer about it and got nothing. Called fox and the didn’t know that Doo had a diff valvingset up than the ones Fox sold direct. Service manager agreed to give me the stiffer springs. Road them that way and they worked a lot better but now the compression adjustments seemed even more the same and I didn’t have enough rebound.
Tom sent me and email after reading my posts about it here. Said he had the magic to make these shocks work for like $80 I think? Sent them, got them back in 6 days mid-season and now they are AWESOME. They don’t clunk anymore when they top out, the 1 setting is stiffer than the 3 setting stock and I am running them mostly on 2 even on 4-5’ deep days like we had last week her in the cement plant of WA Cascades. Rebound is set about 12 now. These shocks really help eliminate the way the stock sled porpoises on the skis during a medium fast side hill or a really steep deep slow side hill. The sled also turns so much better everywhere. The 175 can track like a Trident submarine and just now want to turn in deep snow and especially in steep downhill side hills. The sled really carves nice with a lot less effort. It also runs deep ruts way better when climbing thru the trees, not so likely to get bucked by a rut.
ANYWAY, TOMS THE MAN WHEN IT COMES TO SHOCKS!!!!!

Premium Features