• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

3" track on SKS

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
Did anyone ever determine if a 3" will work on the SKS? Not just clear, but run correctly?

I think there was a post this spring but don't think the question was answered.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I took a few minutes to compare parts via various online parts fiche sources between the AXYS SKS and the AXYS PRO RMK and I can see where the confusion stems from.

When you pull up the AXYS SKS it gives part # 5139237 for the SKS with no other sleds using that #, which to me seemed strange that they would invest that much money tooling for one part for one sled model.

So I looked up the case number for the AXYS PRO RMK and it is # 1333255, checked the cross reference and it lists the AXYS SKS, curious right?

I checked the right fender and both the RMK and the SKS use the same right fender (with the deep well for the dropped chain case).

So my suspicion is it does indeed use the RMK components and the 3" will fit as long as you go to the RMK 7 tooth, 3" pitch drivers. (To be extra safe I'd pull a few measurements first, but) I'm pretty confident from my half hour sorting thru online fiche that it will go on with the same clearance as on the RMK.

Like the PRO RIDE chassis the the AXYS cooler does not protrude into the tunnel any more than the non-cooled close off does. My $0.02 FWIW

S
Nov 15, 2008
Northern ,wi
Yeah that what I was thinking too just get the 3" driveshaft or drivers and the track and should just drop in imo there is enought clearance from what I see with my 2.6 on sks

Premium Features