• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Summit 800r

D
Jan 14, 2021
Hey guys looking at upgrading a little this year, currently riding a 06 RMK 700 and looking at a 2012 Summit 800r. Sled has a brand new motor in last year with only 300miles on it. Just wondering if there's any problems with this era of sled that I should be looking for.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

A
Sep 10, 2012
If it fits your budget, buy it. Ask for a receipt for the motor swap. I have read a lot of guys complaining about 2012 stator problems, but that was years ago. This one may have been replaced. Good luck if you buy it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
The 2012 800etec [not carburetor] had stator voltage drop problems. The hotter the engine got towards operating temperature, the stator voltage would lower, engine bogging. Cold engine pass the stator voltage test, operating temperature, fail on low voltage. Piston problems. Fuel injector problems. Fuel pump 0-rings degrade and plug up the fuel filter.
It was like 1/2 of them worked really good and the the other half of the 800's had those problems.
in the end, get the serial number and call your local skidoo dealer to see what the history is about it. If its an 800R carburetor, not needed, did not have those aforementioned problems.

But.....🤔......If it has a brand new engine, then it will RIP regardless of 800R Carburetor or 800Etec ! ! !
...with a kick arse clutch kit too, he he

Premium Features