• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sticking Clutch After Rebuild

D
Jan 14, 2021
Hey guys. So my primary clutch spring broke at the end of last season. So I just finished rebuilding it(first time just went off some YouTube videos). I replaced the spring, pins, rollers, weights, and moveable sheeve bushings(metal and nylon). When putting back together the moveable sheeve was VERY stiff. But not knowing nothing about clutch rebuilding I just figured the engine rpm and spring would overcome it. Well I slapped it on the ole RMK today and after I moved 5ft the engine died and is hard to pull over so I'm thinking that the sheeve is too stiff. Lol. Is this normal(aftermarket rebuild kit)? Can I just lightly sand the bushing down to get the fit I need?

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
you may have flared out the movable sheave bushing upon installation, or shimmed out the buttons on the spider to far. check the clearance on the buttons and if you do file down the bushing it will run but expect to be replacing it again sooner than later.

Premium Features