• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber Update Personal Experince

Ephratafarmer

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Ephrata, Wa
As stated this is my personal experince. I ran the 2013 Silber on my 2013 Pro, then took it off and got the 2014 update. I installed it mon the 18th on my 2014 Pro, very straight forward installation, very clean with no wiring harness. Took it up today for a test run before heading to Revy tomorrow. From the Idle to warm it up to the load back in the trailer it run better than great. The AFRs were very constant and the throttle responce was instant. One time out of many when I chopped from full throttle to nothing back to full throttle it gave a 1 to 2 second hesitation, but like I said this was one time, and couldn't get it to do it again. So at this time the update is a keeper. No ajusting just ride. Will report my experince and findings after riding Revy for a few days. There will be 4 other turbos there including Rob Alfords new XM Boondocker. This will be a very interesting few days------off to bed an then Revy

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
Awesome feedback. I appreciate it! So with the upgrade from the 13, you get the Bullydog, 3 Bar Map sensor, larger injectors, and down pipe? But you are running the original turbo correct?

Last edited:

xcmark

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mass-hole
As stated this is my personal experince. I ran the 2013 Silber on my 2013 Pro, then took it off and got the 2014 update. I installed it mon the 18th on my 2014 Pro, very straight forward installation, very clean with no wiring harness. Took it up today for a test run before heading to Revy tomorrow. From the Idle to warm it up to the load back in the trailer it run better than great. The AFRs were very constant and the throttle responce was instant. One time out of many when I chopped from full throttle to nothing back to full throttle it gave a 1 to 2 second hesitation, but like I said this was one time, and couldn't get it to do it again. So at this time the update is a keeper. No ajusting just ride. Will report my experince and findings after riding Revy for a few days. There will be 4 other turbos there including Rob Alfords new XM Boondocker. This will be a very interesting few days------off to bed an then Revy

I am only guessing but the compressor wheel most likely reversed direction when you chopped the power. At that point it took longer to go to boost , does the kit have a blow off valve? If it didn't pop open and dump the pressure I would bet money it was a compressor stall to fueling issue. My 2004.5 duramax truck did this all the time, sometimes it would even bark out of the intake airbox so loud you would hear it in the cab.

adam5187

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
It has a blow off valve. I am looking forward the feed back as well. I will be in valemount in a couple weeks. Mine works great I'm looking forward to hearing how it works on the hill.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

adam5187

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
Ski breeze how much boost are your running and what fuel. Just curious. Thanks

adam5187

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
Thanks. I'm running straight av

Ephratafarmer

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Ephrata, Wa
Thanks. I'm running straight av

I'm running 50/50 av an prem...no det at all...rode in Revy yesterday very cold on hill 5 to 15 degrees during ride. Sled ran great...afrs have never been so stead and good....its amazing that its all self controlled by the stock ecu....just pull the rope an ride...the snow is dry an deep...oh ya love my 3 in track an k mod rear.

J

jay_boom

Dec 15, 2007
Southwestern, AB
I rode Boulder today on my 13 with 14 silber. Ran awesome on 50/50 av, just need to add a bit of weight but other than that seems pretty clean.
EPHRATAFARMER - what are you seeing for AFR at WOT? and how much did you load for weight?

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
My kit didn't come with instructions either, but they do have the 2013 kit instructions on their website which is very close to the install of the 14' kit.
http://www.silberturbos.com/files/2919474/uploaded/2013 Pro Rmk Instructions-1.pdf
Just ignore the fuel injector and controller part. And the Bullydog just plugs into the diagnostic port in the baggy above the clutch cover. I personally zip tied the hub the the cf pyramid and am having a custom plate made to hold the BD Head unit under my stock gauge. They claim the BD is water proof, but I have my doubts, I die electric greased all the ports on the hub and then electric taped over the unused ports like this:

And here is where I am mounting my Head unit inside the little Pelican Case:

freak485

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2011
Billings, MT
i didnt think you had to run the head unit??? What would the pros be to running it since there is no end user tunning?

J

jay_boom

Dec 15, 2007
Southwestern, AB
I have had my sled out 3 times so far with the new Bullydog/Silber set up. Runs great, I got the clutching set up just right. The only issue I have had is with the Bullydog head unit..it is not as waterproof as they think. After the 3rd day of pounding deep powder I had moisture behind the screen so I ran the rest of the day without it. I like using it personally because the map sensor will be far more accurate than my mechanical boost gauge. When the bully dog was showing 7 psi the mechanical gauge was showing 10 psi.

I like the idea of the clear pelican case! I am going to do that as well. So far everything is awesome with my 2014 kit!!

Premium Features