• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 Poo,,,,,,,,hmmm, that's it?

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
There's like 3 threads with people worried to death about paint vs powdercoat - is this really going to affect anyone's riding experience substantially?

I have no idea if my tunnel on my 2015 is painted or powdercoated - but I do know it's not holding back my riding LOL.

Is it a show piece or a tool? LOL!

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
d5388eb85a7447c01177e2029da51b3c.jpg

Hey look 'biler and 'ldooit are locked in a dutch rudder.

They make a nice couple. :)

S
Jan 9, 2011
My dealer was saying he heard at the meetings in Florida that the 3" with the chain case ruins the new chasis that I should only go for the 2.6 QD. Has anyone else been told this??

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
My dealer was saying he heard at the meetings in Florida that the 3" with the chain case ruins the new chasis that I should only go for the 2.6 QD. Has anyone else been told this??

I've heard of a lot of guys that have bought 3" tracks and then removed them because of the sled handling characteristics.... They said the sled was less maneuverable and less fun. (Pro ride not axys) I assume it's the same with the axys....

I wouldn't buy the 3". Maybe one or 2 rides out of the season where it would Utilize it's potential... And a nuisance the rest of the time.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont

I've heard of a lot of guys that have bought 3" tracks and then removed them because of the sled handling characteristics.... They said the sled was less maneuverable and less fun. (Pro ride not axys) I assume it's the same with the axys....

I wouldn't buy the 3". Maybe one or 2 rides out of the season where it would Utilize it's potential... And a nuisance the rest of the time.

I've heard this a few times too....I know the sled handles different ("different" doesn't equal "bad" unless you ask the greenies) but in no way did I dislike it. The first time I tried to spin powder turns or hook a turn around a tree, I knew it felt different. But after a couple tries and an hour or two, I forgot the old way.

I was totally hooked and NEVER looked back. WILL NOT GO BACK TO THE STOCK SERIES 5.1 EVER. NEVER!!!!

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
I've heard this a few times too....I know the sled handles different ("different" doesn't equal "bad" unless you ask the greenies) but in no way did I dislike it. The first time I tried to spin powder turns or hook a turn around a tree, I knew it felt different. But after a couple tries and an hour or two, I forgot the old way.

I was totally hooked and NEVER looked back. WILL NOT GO BACK TO THE STOCK SERIES 5.1 EVER. NEVER!!!!

The people I'm referring to ride sleds more times a year than most of us combined. If you want to go slow and feel more in "control". Go 3"

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
How many DEEP days you have in those miles?
THIS year I have 5 or 6 days that were over he bumper all day...and then the week or two after New Years.....well, that's a different story.
Last year I had probably 8 or 10 and I missed a almost a month in between late Jan and early Feb.
Year before was even better.

Last edited:
Premium Features