• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 Poo,,,,,,,,hmmm, that's it?

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
The new sleds coming out are awesome. I'm excited for next year. I just hope we get some better snow.

I really don't think 50 lbs makes that big a difference. I ride with people that range from 150lbs to 300+lbs. Of course weight is important but 50lbs nope. Total weight of sled and rider together is more important. You would save money losing weight on your body than your sled. Just go on a diet if you need too. I've seen doo's perform very well against poo's. Both are great sleds and both have cons and pros. Doo has a better engine, track, front suspension and storage options. Poo's are lighter, narrow bodies and better running boards. This is just my opinion and what l like about the sleds.

I think Polaris has the better front suspension and more rigid structure that holds the front suspension. Plus they didn't have to add bandaids like narrowing it up to 36" and add T-motion and flex track to get it to handle.

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
I think Polaris has the better front suspension and more rigid structure that holds the front suspension. Plus they didn't have to add bandaids like narrowing it up to 36" and add T-motion and flex track to get it to handle.
Put t motion,flex track and a 36" front on a Axys Pro and you will be able to do barrel rolls in the powder when you throw a hard carve lol.

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
haha

Wow, I got bad rep for this thread.......WTF...

Even tho I've owned 4 Pro's, got a snowcheck 15 right now and love it, oh, and it's stock,,, and, yes I am still snowchecking a 16. If you really, I mean REALLY think about it, Poo could have raised the bar to untouchable heights with this one...... The evolution of the LEGENDARY Pro..... The sled that does everything better.... The Hype was there, I was stoked to see new never done before options, nearly custom builds straight from the factory, a new age, redefine the term "SNOWCHECK".... Blow the competition away, leave them years behind...... Get it???

Once again I look at long term marketing,,,, a phrase that seems to be holding us back from a revolutionary change in how we "SNOWCHECK" these $15K toys......

I am disappointed, yes........ Nail me to the cross for that if your soul is "Pure Polaris"......

I've been riding these things for over 30 years, and love every second of it. The new sleds are frickin sweet, and can't wait to get one. But that doesn't change the fact that I know Poo can do better....

Ok, carry on.......

:face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Wow, I got bad rep for this thread.......WTF...

Even tho I've owned 4 Pro's, got a snowcheck 15 right now and love it, oh, and it's stock,,, and, yes I am still snowchecking a 16. If you really, I mean REALLY think about it, Poo could have raised the bar to untouchable heights with this one...... The evolution of the LEGENDARY Pro..... The sled that does everything better.... The Hype was there, I was stoked to see new never done before options, nearly custom builds straight from the factory, a new age, redefine the term "SNOWCHECK".... Blow the competition away, leave them years behind...... Get it???

Once again I look at long term marketing,,,, a phrase that seems to be holding us back from a revolutionary change in how we "SNOWCHECK" these $15K toys......

I am disappointed, yes........ Nail me to the cross for that if your soul is "Pure Polaris"......

I've been riding these things for over 30 years, and love every second of it. The new sleds are frickin sweet, and can't wait to get one. But that doesn't change the fact that I know Poo can do better....

Ok, carry on.......

:face-icon-small-hap

You're most definitely entitled to your opinion, but what more do you want? You get all sorts of color options, a powder coated tunnel, a sled that is nearly 400 lbs from the factory, choice of tracks, choice of coolers, choice of dash gauge, etc. Couple all that with a 4 year warranty (which tells me polaris has confidence in this motor given their track record) and I think we have a winner.

The only disappointment I have is the price tag. It's quite the price increase from 2015, but there are several new features that all costs money and I understand that.

My .02

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
Polaris has more up their sleeves, they will let the compitition catch up some before dropping another bomb on them. No need to release more then necessary.

S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
With the quality of the new sleds it comes down to the rider. It's not like we're comparing sleds from the 80's and 90's with what we have now. I've heard all the stories that get recycled from forum to forum and year to year like I can out climb you, my sled is better than your's, Doo suck, Poo suck, Yam sucks and cat sucks, I'm awesome your not, my dad can beat up your dad, etc. You name the story and I'm sure I've heard it. When comparing doo weight and Poo weight 50 lbs doesn't make a big deal. I could be wrong but I'm sure polaris will start making an narrower front end. It will be hard for some Poo riders to swallow. It's hard enough for some Poo riders to switch to a 3 inch paddle and the added weight of a chain case. I'm not trying to troll here I was just disappointed by some of the Poo riders comments on the Poo sled. I think it's a great sled and really would consider buying one. I might buy one for the wife so I can ride it for myself if you know what I mean. I'll wait till the price drops well below 14k. Good luck

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
With the quality of the new sleds it comes down to the rider. It's not like we're comparing sleds from the 80's and 90's with what we have now. I've heard all the stories that get recycled from forum to forum and year to year like I can out climb you, my sled is better than your's, Doo suck, Poo suck, Yam sucks and cat sucks, I'm awesome your not, my dad can beat up your dad, etc. You name the story and I'm sure I've heard it. When comparing doo weight and Poo weight 50 lbs doesn't make a big deal. I could be wrong but I'm sure polaris will start making an narrower front end. It will be hard for some Poo riders to swallow. It's hard enough for some Poo riders to switch to a 3 inch paddle and the added weight of a chain case. I'm not trying to troll here I was just disappointed by some of the Poo riders comments on the Poo sled. I think it's a great sled and really would consider buying one. I might buy one for the wife so I can ride it for myself if you know what I mean. I'll wait till the price drops well below 14k. Good luck

I agree with it comes down to rider but disagree with the weight. 50 pounds is huge. Granted doos ride lighter but if they were 50 lighter they would be more capable. You can tell the extra 50 when the doo is stuck. I have both. I've seen 50 pounds difference between riders that made 20-30 feet on the same hill with the same sled. That is a big difference imo. It might be the difference of 5 feet to get around a tree versus going stuck. Granted most riders can't ride any brand to it's potential but I will take 50 lighter anyday.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
The next most excitement was cat. I thought there would be more people on the doo release. They gave everyone what they wanted last year, a t3 154. Thought more people would have been excited. If they have compared a t3 to the 14 they would be excited.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Polaris has more up their sleeves, they will let the compitition catch up some before dropping another bomb on them. No need to release more then necessary.

yep. its called business. hate the game not the player.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
Ya. And who's to say arctic cat, Yamaha, and skidoo doesn't have more up their sleeve? I'm loving the game and the players. The only people that benefit from the game are us. I'm sure next year I'll probably be on a axys. I'm on skidoo this year. I am just a bit wary of the new pro engine but if it holds good I am sure I'll switch. But then maybe skidoo or cat will blow that idea away so I guess we'll see.

Last edited:
J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Ya. And who's to say arctic cat, Yamaha, and skidoo doesn't have more up their sleeve? I'm loving the game and the players. The only people that benefit from the game are those with open minds. I'm going to snowcheck a skidoo this year and next year I'll probably be on a axys.
Why buy an outgoing model if you can just get the latest and greatest now?

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
That's true. If I can test ride one it would definitely help me make the choice. Maybe I'll just do it this year. I actually priced a all orange one with the black rails. At least I have a month to decide.

Premium Features